GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an unknown model/manufacturer brush guard for my Tahoe (1999) off a local here for an astounding $20 (Craigslist!)....it is beffy as hell and in great shape...problem is....I cant figure how to put the fucker on!

Here are some pics of the brackets....camera died before I could get pics of the bar itself

Any help is appreciated

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
usually you have to remove your tow hooks and then bolt onto the same mounting points.

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diregard....she was either misinformed or lied.....damn thing is not for my Tahoe style..ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah..I was friggin psyched about it too!

:rofl2: that would explain it
damn that sucks.

Sell it on ebay and make some $$$
thought about selling it but I have no idea what it goes on....I am not out to screw anyone....I'm gonna take it back to her and see about getting my $20 back for fun.:biggrin:

·
1998 K1500 4x4 5.7
102 Posts
Could you just make your own mounting brackets for it? I bought one from a ford truck for $30 and made my own mounts for about $10 and took about two hours.

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you just make your own mounting brackets for it? I bought one from a ford truck for $30 and made my own mounts for about $10 and took about two hours.
Possible....the stock brackets do not come out far enough from ther bumper....I think if I could extend them somehow, it would work...the guard itself flows with the OBS lines....Hmmmmmmmmmm....

I just have no access to anything to make them or even skills.....I have bowhunting skills,......but no mechanical skills! LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts