GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've got a NBS ecsb 2wd it has the Z60 suspension so torsion bars up front and Factory 20's. I like these wheels and want to leave them on there but could a 3 inch lift torsion key w/ a crank and some 3-4 inch blocks get me to fit some 35-38 inch tires on 20x8.5 with about 6-7 inches of back spacing? I'm just looking for Ideas and don't really plan on abusing this thing offroad just maybe a dirt or gravel road and maybe a little mud but nothing huge and everyday street driving, to pull the bitches really is the main reason.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
To fully clear 35's you will need 9" of lift :imo People have got by with the 7" kit but since you have torsion bars the 6" kit wont clear a 35. I believe you will have to use the same lift as 4wd guys do minus you wont need the transfercase brackets.

And with just torsion bar keys you will be lucky to be the same height as a stock 4wd.

So if you want to fully clear 35's or bigger you will have to go with a 6" kit and 3" body or a bigger suspension.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn alright thanks I was just wondering cause I figured the truck has like 29 inchers on it now but It was either lift or drop and already have a 3-4 drop priced out so I will see about a 7.5 lift and see either way is cool with me and the truck will look good either way. Thanks Again,Paul

·
Registered
53 Posts
after2.jpg

here is a pic of my nbs 2wd cc...it has a total of 10.5 inches of lift on 35x12.5x17's 7.5 fabtech and 3 bodylift...this weekend i am gonna post more pics...but you will surely need at least 9 inches of total lift

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same truck as well. It's an 05', 2WD Sierra with the torsion bar front end setup. I would prefer the coil sprung front end but have what I have. So, is it for sure that the 4WD kit will work and just not use the transfer case brackets? Also, what are the options out there for the 4WD
lifts then? I would really like a decent front end setup but running these torsion bars are horrible. Are shock options the same as well? And is there anyone making a kit larger than 7.5" so I don't have to use a body lift?

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Im a 03 2wd and I fit 315/75s on a 16x10 rim just fine with my 7" fabtech lift, it did rub when fully cranked AND hitting a bump. But other than that it was fine.
I have a 3" BL now and can easily run 36x14.5, I also have coil spacers on the way so I should be able to clear 37s with ease.

I dont have the torsion bars though. But 7" will fit 35s but 9" of lift is optimal

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
you can run 35's with ford keys, and blocks in the rear, just be prepared to do some trimming up front. here's my 04 with ford keys and 3" blocks and 35x14.50s. If you dont want to trim that much just get a body lift and trimming will be minimal. If i were you, i would just get some nice 33's and let it ride.
100_0315.jpg

100_0318.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts