GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright what is the tallest tire you can run on a truck with stock wheels and a good crank,keys and rear blocks its an 06 not looking for anything too big but like a 33 or so on the GM 20's the tires are like a 29-30 stock.Also would you think it would look dumb with such an offset wheel. or should I just buck up and go 35-37 and around 8 inches of lift with aftermarket wheels it'll be a 2wd street queen.I plan on waiting till I get home from overseas for this too so I'll have some $$$

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
dont think you have torsion bars so you would have to get a coil spacer and blocks. You may even need a spindle lift to get the 20s with a nice sized tire in there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its bars just no blocks in the rear its the Z60 sport suspension pkg. supposed to be a higher progressive spring rate I guess.Thats the only reason I could see t-bars on a truck like mine.I was gonnna drop it but for cheap could only find a 2/4 drop so now lately I've been thinking lift it cause it would be more practical with work and such.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks was looking at some terra grapplers for my twenties I'm thinking prerunner on dubs for something a lil different.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
about 34" but i know plenty of guys w/ z71s who run that setup.
They're idiots then. I've seen 305/70/16's on a truck with ford keys, crank and aal in the rear and they had to trim a shit load. Dusty (z71Hulk) did it and he seemed to be in the same boat.

The only way you could run 315's if if you ran stock tires and never turned.

EDIT- since you are running stock rims. I would run no bigger than a 295/75/16 and even that's pushing it.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
You can clear a 35" tire on a stock BS rim with a crank(and probably keys). The high BS'ing creates a scrub radius that is actually inboard of the balljoint centerline and keep the tire closer to ceneter front to back while turning therefore keeping it out of the fenders. Persoannly I don't like the look of that narrow of a track width twith the tall tires, but you can do it without cutting the fenders to peices.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
You can clear a 35" tire on a stock BS rim with a crank. The high BS'ing creates a scrub radius that is actually inboard of the balljoint centerline and keep the tire closer to ceneter front to back while turning therefore keeping it out of the fenders. Persoannly I don't like the look of that narrow of a track width twith the tall tires, but you can do it without cutting the fenders to peices.
Do you have experience with a NBS? I've personally seen 2 trucks with 305's and they had to trim a shit load to make them fit. There's no way they could have fit 315's

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Where they running a 7" wide rim with 5.5" of BS'ing and a fair crank?

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
stock rims, im just saying i know it fits. trimmed front valence and part of the droop stop that the tire hit when turning. cv angles are terrible but it doesnt scrub. yall can doubt me if you want.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
im running 305/70/17 with ford keys with very minor rub, i think i could easily fit a small 315 but would possibly have to replace my bars with HD bars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts