GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured it was time to make a thread to put all my progress together for viewing pleasure (mainly my own).
Specs are in my sig but I'll list em again since people can't read sometimes: 2002, Indigo Blue, 2500hd LS, 6.0/4l80e, 4x4, Charcoal Interior, 85,000 miles.

Current Mods:
Leveled (key crank 1", 1" drop shackles in rear)
305 KO2s/fresh PYOs
Bilstein 5100s
Powerstop drilled and slotted rotor/pads
CAI
"useless" throttle body spacer
20% tint on sides, 35% on shield
12" powered sub
Kicker door speakers
Boss headunit
Billet grille and bowtie
20" lightbar behind grille
LED cube fogs
Superchips tune
All LED lights
DRL delete w/ switchbacks
6000k HIDs
Clear headlights
Colormatched front end, black lower valance
Flush-mount LED cubes in rear bumper
1.5" rear spacers
04+ taillights
Off-brand flowmasters and High-flow cats through a ghetto dump
Rhino liner and low profile tool box

Plans:
More CM'ing
Esky handles (have)
Rebuild my tranny w/ shift kit
Maybe headers, e-fans, and proper tune
Fuck w/ exhaust more
Cab Mounts (have)
Rebuild/beef-up front end

Where it started:

Fresh tint/wheels/tarz/tow mirrors:

After spacers, new rockers, demold, CM, fogs, billet shit, lightbar, and clear headlights:

More recent pics and 04+ tails:

(duals are gone)

Hood reflection:

Bumper Cubes:

And my most recent pic w/ new fogs:

Just picked these 20x10 welds up tonight. One's cracked and the others need some love but are overall very nice. I need to decide if I should polish and sell the three or try and find another to complete the set and save up for some 305/55r20 baja mtz.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Bring it to someone who can tig or a wheel repair shop. Should be able to weld the crack back up

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Sell welds, get someone to paint the grille, OEM fogs, amps, normal exhaust, long tubes.

Other option is to paint chrome on bumpers, flares, esky handles, and bumper caps.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm in an autobody class so about any paint work is free, i'd have to buy my base but that's about it. I can't afford amps but the steps should be coming off when I replace the cab mounts. and I'd like to find a totalled truck similar to mine and pull the whole exhaust system and replace mine since it is hacked to hell from all the changes. either OEM cats or hi-flows, long tubes, and a borla muffler dumped over the axle. I picked the welds and tires up for about $320 with gas and food for the trip. I can sell the tires for about $200 then figure out what to do with the wheels

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
Gear alloy big blocks in an 8 lug would look sharp on yours. I may consider them.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,891 Posts
I kinda like this truck...... :think:

:crazy:

Looks great! But, I am biased. Welds are 20x8.5's?!?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,891 Posts
Lol...

20" X 8.5" wide...? The lip doesn't look deep enough for x10". :shrug:

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
But there is hardly any dish I see what big blue means only being like an 8.5"

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,891 Posts
:hmm:

Gotcha. You're measuring bead to bead with tires mounted, right?!? Wheels will measure approx. 1" wider, given rim material thickness, than actual width at that point. Look at the amount of flat lip on yours compared to other x10s online or in your eBay x10 thread. Your lip looks like my x8s IMO.

Either that or they have a lot more backspacing than most Cheyenne x10s.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,381 Posts
Are you holding it to the outside of the wheel? If so you have x9. Width is measured from where the bead physically sits not the outside of the wheel

1 - 20 of 398 Posts