GMC Truck Forum banner

381 - 398 of 398 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
We had an instructor pick up a lb7 glow plug and tell us it was a pencil injector, he wasn't joking either. Guy managed a successful diesel repair shop that was in business for 20 odd years into bankruptcy in a whopping 2 years, then became a teacher lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,350 Posts
Sounds like the perfect economics instructor to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
He was the first year fuels instructor. Luckily I never had him, i was just in the classroom when he was explaining this to the class. I was there to show them how to use the bench tester for bosche injectors because we were rebuilding an lb7 in second year engines and wanted to use the stand lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im thinking about getting a truck like this but it is a 2002 GMC sierra 1500 with the Z71 package and has some cosmetic defects in the paint (GM white paint flaking off) It is sitting on a dealer lot and they are asking $6,000 and the truck has 206,038 miles on the 5.3 v8 is that decent or way too many miles should I snatch it up or let it go or make an offer? Will the 5.3 last me another 100k miles?

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Im thinking about getting a truck like this but it is a 2002 GMC sierra 1500 with the Z71 package and has some cosmetic defects in the paint (GM white paint flaking off) It is sitting on a dealer lot and they are asking $6,000 and the truck has 206,038 miles on the 5.3 v8 is that decent or way too many miles should I snatch it up or let it go or make an offer? Will the 5.3 last me another 100k miles?

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,350 Posts
Offer them 4500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Way too much

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,027 Posts
I was thinking the same especially with that many miles. I kinda like the Chevy 99-02 body style a little better like your blue 3/4 ton. I was just curious about the GMC both are the same any how (haha). Thanks for the feedback!
Don't buy from a dealer for one. You are going to over pay for any nbs from a dealer

381 - 398 of 398 Posts