GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i offroad in sand i have to airdown my tires but its a PITA when i need to go into town. I kind of rounded some of the fins on my tires which is :gay: I've been thinking about putting a little compressor with an air tank and an air line on my truck so i could air up when i wanted. I could also finally get a train horn :anitoof:

so my question is what would be the best setup for something like this? I'd wanna get everything used or on ebay because i really don't want to drop alot of money on this

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I run a viair 550 to run my air locker and fill my tires. It fills a 42 from 8psi to 30 psi in about 60 seconds... I also have a 5 gallon air tank in the system.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I was checkin ebay, you can get them for about $250 or so on there...100% duty cycle too, and fills up quick...good compressor IMO for you and your 40s.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the coolest setup i have seen is the CO2 bottles. its way simpler than running a compressor and it fills the tires fast. very easy and cheap to refill too.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
My 550 and 5 gallon tank will run my 3/4" drive impact all day long... Alot of guys in our club run co2 bottles that get filled at the welding shop. They last a long time too, and can run impacts. I used a buddy of mines tank to run a 1/2 impact for about 2 hours and it wasn't even low on pressure yet...

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
id like to get a little air compressor, just enough to run a train horn and eventually an air locker...the air locker is way down the road, but i want the train horn soon

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Air lockers need nothing to run, you could lock an ARB probably 5 times with a little c02 canister that goes in a bb gun... Train horn on the other horn you will need a tank of some kind, I would guess at least 5 gallons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts