GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pancho-87
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to run stock sway bar with ridetech strong arms without buying there muscle bar. Or maybe find one that would fit that don't cost 400 bucks. Cause I installed lower arms but from looks that I could not use stock bar. Can yal tell me what to get. Thanks. I have a 2004 gmc sierra stepside single cab. It's currently bagged but need the bar to lift evenly in front.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
looks like you only need the "Posi-Link end links" they use on there sway bars, to mount to your factory one. I see they don't sell them separate so you may have to do some research, and/or fabrication to make them work. Serach "Sway Bar End Links" on summit or simaliar site, lots of options if don't want to make anything. You need something like this.

Try fastnall or any bolt store if you have one local. Get a female helm joint to mount to the hole in the strong arms, connect a stud to the helm, then to factory sway bar. Reinstall bushings and set it to ride height.

It sucks that you bought those expensive arms and they want you to but there $400 sway bar to go with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts