GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a day and a half of work, I got my body lift put on. Once we figured out that the instructions were basically interpretive only, we started to figure out stuff on our own and it went a lil smoother. Quite possibly the worst instructions/pics ever! Anyway, it's on... heres some pics:

MySilverado030.jpg

MySilverado031.jpg

MySilverado033.jpg

MySilverado034.jpg

MySilverado036.jpg

MySilverado037.jpg

MySilverado039.jpg

MySilverado040.jpg

MySilverado044.jpg

MySilverado045.jpg

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not yet.. gimmie an hour ;)

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
nice anti-seize bro! :jester:

i imagine it looks great. what size tires are you going up to?

edit:nvm, i just read your sig...word on the full truck shots though

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres the full shots...

MySilverado057.jpg

MySilverado059.jpg

MySilverado060.jpg

MySilverado062.jpg

MySilverado050.jpg

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks great dude! what are you going to do about the exhaust?
I dont know yet.. I love my 4" tips so maybe swing them out the side behind the rear tires... or something... I didnt think they were gonna stick out as bad as they do :nono:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Looks nice man. Just need to do something about those tips and you'll be good to go. Did you run into any problems along the way? Fillerneck hose, linkages, all that type of stuff?

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks nice man. Just need to do something about those tips and you'll be good to go. Did you run into any problems along the way? Fillerneck hose, linkages, all that type of stuff?
Filler hose stretched enough to reach without kinking. Steering linkage piece was machined too small and had to be dremeled to fit over the stock piece. The biggest pain in the ass was all of the brackets that came with the kit were unlabeled and werent shown clearly in the instructions. Led to alot of trial and error in placement.

Also, when installing the gap guards, watch the drilling of the fenders. Popped a radiator hose with the drill bit on accident. :nono: Good thing my buddy works at a dealer in town!

BTW, those are 285/75/16's on there now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Truck looks good man...it is a shame though that you have to put a 3" lift on just to make a chevy sit at a halfway decent stock truck height. They really do make these things sit low to the ground. That thing is going to be sweet with the Superlift and 37's!

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Truck looks good man...it is a shame though that you have to put a 3" lift on just to make a chevy sit at a halfway decent stock truck height. They really do make these things sit low to the ground. That thing is going to be sweet with the Superlift and 37's!
I said the same thing when I got done! It actually looks like a truck now! :D

·
Resident Coonass
228 Posts
Looks good man, you're gonna be the black brother to my truck lol. What kind of rims and tires you gonna go with??? Black rims with that black truck would look awesome.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Cut the exaust tail pipe section off at the muffler and weld a 45 degree turn down on it. Looks so much cleaner. Good job on the body lift though and your truck looks really nice especially for black.

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cut the exaust tail pipe section off at the muffler and weld a 45 degree turn down on it. Looks so much cleaner. Good job on the body lift though and your truck looks really nice especially for black.

I'm either gonna hack the exhaust off or try to angle the tips down at the rear (so the brown exhaust pipe is tucked up behind the bumper) Gonna swing by my buddy's exhaust place later this week after the susp lift is on.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
what body lift is it?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
looks good....still debating on a body lift...couple things bother me about body lifts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts