GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my donor truck, my neighbor has it, I just got to finish paying some bills the next couple months and go pick it up.

1989 Dodge 5.9 Cummins, 5 speed get rag, divorced transfer case (i think a 205) Dana 60 front, Dana 60 rear, not sure the the gears, but I know its 3.42-4.10.

I'll be running the Sky kit, I'll be doing the SAS followed up be a cummins/getrag/205 swap.

I'm going to try to get it all done before I leave for OCS in Jan.

Pics are soon to follow. Its like -5* right now.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
sounds good to me, the 205 is a good case and you're putting the cummins in it? that shits gonna be bad

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
IIRC those are ball joint axles, correct me if i am wrong though, Im not much of a dodge guy

·
Registered
402 Posts
It should be a passenger drop, low pinion, kingpin D60. For the most part it's the same as a Chevy D60 except that it's a tiny bit narrower. There are also some differences in shock mounts, brake line routing and U-bolt plates.

Let me know if you are interested in a set of 73-87 Superlift 6" springs with offset bushings for the Dodge axle and 5/8" ID sleeves front and rear. They're taking up room in my garage and they are exactly what you need if you plan to buy SFA brackets for a Chevy or Ford axle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know if you are interested in a set of 73-87 Superlift 6" springs with offset bushings for the Dodge axle and 5/8" ID sleeves front and rear. They're taking up room in my garage and they are exactly what you need if you plan to buy SFA brackets for a Chevy or Ford axle.
offset bushings? I wasn't aware of that, I knew it was a kingpin and the shocks are alittle funky, but the one time i was underneath it (making sure it wasn't a Dana 61) i didn't notice anything to different from the chevy.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good to me, the 205 is a good case and you're putting the cummins in it? that shits gonna be bad

yeah, I was just going to redo the dodge, but I don't like that body style, my truck runs great, but have a shop that I work on friends stuff on the side, I figure this swap will be me some more business, and its bad ass.

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
so what cha doin w/ that 12v????

·
Registered
402 Posts
offset bushings? I wasn't aware of that, I knew it was a kingpin and the shocks are alittle funky, but the one time i was underneath it (making sure it wasn't a Dana 61) i didn't notice anything to different from the chevy.
The spring pearches on a Dodge D60 are closer together than those of a Chevy D60. The springs I have have already had the bushings modified to have the correct offset to bring the leaf packs in line with the Dodge pearches while still being able to use frame brackets designed for Ford or Chevy axles.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
huh, i see my reply from the other day didn't show up, anyways, I'm very interested in those springs. I thought the sky-kit was set up for 32.5 spring perch? the dodge is 32.5.

·
4,725 Posts
The sky has a little bit of room to go from 31-32.5, so don't sweat it. Even then, that's a minor amount of deflection.

VIC good shit brother!! Which OCS are you doing? I'm trying to get into class 48A, Nat Guard picking up in June-ish. GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sky has a little bit of room to go from 31-32.5, so don't sweat it. Even then, that's a minor amount of deflection.

VIC good shit brother!! Which OCS are you doing? I'm trying to get into class 48A, Nat Guard picking up in June-ish. GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they wanted me to start in the summer, but I said screw that, I'm leaving Jan 08. commissioned march '08, HOOOAH! then Ft. Hood over Ft. Sill for the rest of the OCS training.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts