GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
SDZ
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ?. REgarding the onstar system.I did not renew my scrip.My ? is can the repoman track me even though my subscription to onstar is not activated. I've read a few things about pulling fuses and such,some people say this works,others say it does not,that the gps has its own 12 volt power supply.Any thought.Thanks.I know i can't dodge the man forever,just until I get my shit squared away.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
:think: i dont think onstar would give out your personal info like that... and specially where you (your truck is) currently located due to privacy..

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
:think: i dont think onstar would give out your personal info like that... and specially where you (your truck is) currently located due to privacy..
I would agree with this, however, it sounds like it's the bank's truck, and he's just driving it.

I have no doubt that somewhere in all that fine print they reserved the right to track that vehicle.

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
I did disconnect the GPS antenna on an 07 Tahoe before. Guy was a neighborhood pharmacist and did want the chance to get tracked as the heat was on his tail.

Whether its true or not, he didnt wanna take that chance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This poses an interesting question.....if the bank can do it then why not the police. Lets say someone did a crime why not track the vehicle....lets say your a deadbeat dad...track the vehicle.....I dont really care either way...if your a bad guy I say game on let them use whatever means ness to get you.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
:flame:

Didn't post this to get trashed.So all the haters can just shut the fuck up.If you don't have anything productive to say then just can it!!!!!:flame:

Haters? or responsible people. There's nothing wrong with loosing your job and the bank taking your truck. There is something wrong with you trying to hide. Stop being a damn vagina. Btw might want to never go home, use a credit card, or use your cell phone if you don't want to get tracked :thumbsup:

·
SDZ
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haters? or responsible people. There's nothing wrong with loosing your job and the bank taking your truck. There is something wrong with you trying to hide. Stop being a damn vagina. Btw might want to never go home, use a credit card, or use your cell phone if you don't want to get tracked :thumbsup:
Thanks Tiki.Am at HOME!!!!No credit cards!!!!No Cell!!!!!!And definitely not hiding from anyone or anything!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts