GMC Truck Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a ?. REgarding the onstar system.I did not renew my scrip.My ? is can the repoman track me even though my subscription to onstar is not activated. I've read a few things about pulling fuses and such,some people say this works,others say it does not,that the gps has its own 12 volt power supply.Any thought.Thanks.I know i can't dodge the man forever,just until I get my shit squared away.

I'm dealing with the same.... I just disconnect it... So tell me how did you come.out of it...
Fuck the rest of these ppl

·
Registered
649 Posts
What the fuck is it with people bringing up all these old ass threads? It's been 10 years...

Besides if you haven't finished paying for it, it ain't yours...
Shit happens, people lose jobs, it doesn't excuse theft.

Now if your just worried about tracking because you're paranoid, then the reality is there are much easier ways to track you. Your cell phone being one of them.

·
Narc
1,358 Posts
What the fuck is it with people bringing up all these old ass threads? It's been 10 years...

Besides if you haven't finished paying for it, it ain't yours...
Shit happens, people lose jobs, it doesn't excuse theft.

Now if your just worried about tracking because you're paranoid, then the reality is there are much easier ways to track you. Your cell phone being one of them.
cuts onstar wire

Posts about it from an android (google) phone

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont know the answer but its a valid question and a reason for concern. To the OP, Im sorry your industry has been for the most part out sourced, Machinists too and a lot more. We are deff playing against a stacked deck in others favor for sure.
Thats great if your doing well with your job and earnings in al,l I hope you never have to deal with your industry evaporating, And if it does I want to see all of you voluntarily turning your stuff in. There are a shit load of people that are already affected by NAFTA, which essentially started shipping industries and jobs over seas in the 90s.
Written by the elected Republicans and enacted by our beloved elected Democrats. No tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theory's. NAFTA is real
I wouldnt want anyone to be able to track me for any reason, They need to track someone try good police work instead of trampling things in the Constitution. I'm hearing the cliche "If your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about"
But Government knows no bounds. And If they can do it to 1 group of people under the guise of safety etc then they can and will do it to another group. These systems are recording all kinds of data, Do you want to get a ticket for speeding out in the middle of no ware without getting pulled over, or not doing a complete stop at a stop sigh in a super rural area at 3 am ? maybe gun confiscation in Calif??? Slippery Slope stuff right here.
To the OP, We know they can do it with smart phones turned off, I would bet they can track you with onstar.

There is a website "Team Chevelle"
Go into the Current Events, you have to sign up for it even thought you already registered to be a member of TC. Do a search I know this issue has been discussed.

Try to hang in there Brother.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The point of was that it got Zachary McCoy in some hot water to the point of having to retain a lawyer to get him out of hot water being suspected of a crime because of circumstance. It was making a point to the if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear. Was not intended as a click bait scenario.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts