GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously considering buying an OOBS 4 door dually to lower. How low can I go without major work? How so, and how much $? What about bagging it in the future, how hard would that be?
Should I lean toward the diesel or the 454?
Any other info is welcome, thanks!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
look for member tylerhuff or poopskidz on her i dont remeber which user name is here and which is fsc he has one bagged hard and would have your answers

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
454 is easier to find. and idk anyone that makes parts for the 6.2 diesel

front u can go as low as 5 static atleast

rear u can prolly go 8 if u notch the frame

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
NO diesel! just a 454 block with diesel heads. Not the greatest achivement Chevy had:)
I have an '82 crew cab and mine is 5/8 drop with a 50series tire I belive. 8'' in rear needs at least a c-notch. Bagging is easy except for the front lower a-arm mounts drag on the ground first. Either Porterbuilt crossmember or z'ing the frame is in order with the bags.

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
this is my buddies 82
texmex09-4.jpg
am i the only one who doesn't like these grilles? i think the C/K series grilles were way better looking on these trucks than the R/V series grille

·
Registered
203 Posts
1990c1500, your buddies is hopefully what the end result will look like, except probably all black. that truck is bad ass, specs? and your phantom dually is sick too, thought about that but want a OOBS. Nice work though.
Keep em comin guys!

his is an 82 Chevy 2+2
we shaved the ridges on the roof, door handles, Caddy lights.
454 (Im not sure whats in it but I know it can get the truck sideways)
cab and chassis 1-ton axle
Peterbuillt 22" semi rims (all 6)
Bodydropped
bench seat in back captian seats up front and covered in gray leather with black aligator inserts

texmex09-5.jpg

http://www.streetsource.com/ViewOwnerProfile.aspx?ProfileID=44052

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
Seriously considering buying an OOBS 4 door dually to lower. How low can I go without major work? How so, and how much $? What about bagging it in the future, how hard would that be?
Should I lean toward the diesel or the 454?
Any other info is welcome, thanks!
i sell 5/7 drop kits all the time for that truck. As long as you get shocks it rides great.

here check it out
spindles/springs flip kit and your set to go
http://djmsuspension.com/applications/chevy kit apps/C3500Parts.htm

ill shoot you a pm and guaranteed will save you $$$$ over any other static set up out there. DJM parts only

ps- you can also do a 6/8

if you bag gonna need the spindles anyway and DJM makes the 3 inch drop spindles for the truck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts