GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some new 12"s, and I think I've narrowed it down to a couple. What do you think would be better between the Kicker Comp VR or the Alpine SWR? Any opinions would be great.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
why are you limiting yourself to those?

already have a box and amp?
what specs are those? (air space and rms watts/@ ohms?)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting them online, and these are the best ones I have found for the money...CVRs $80 ea and SWRs $99 ea. My mom's bf felt bad that he never got me anything for my b-day (in Jan.) so he wanted to buy me something but told me to limit the cost. I already have a box in my single cab truck. The CVRs are 400 RMS, 800 peak, dual 2-ohm while the SWRs are 500 RMS, 1000 peak, dual 2-ohm. I'm not very "audio intelligent", so can't tell you much about my amp. I only know it is a 400 watt memphis, 4-channel. I will prob need a better amp for whatever subs I get.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
DemoN said:
i wouldn't really call them "entry level"...maybe low-mid level. JBL Loud and Clear...now THAT'S entry level :LOL:

had em :D :D
what the hell is clear? lol i've heard of shitsonik, legacy, power technique, rockwood.... and my favorite VolfenHAAAG

i'd go with the kickers. the alpines sound better when they are in a trunk, for some reason they just need to bounce the sound off of things.

but i'd spend the extra money and buy a L5 or something. They can be had on ebay for like 150 bucks i think. Oh i'd get a new amp, running subs off a 4 channel just seems ghetto to me

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on getting a new amp sometime soon....2 channel. Any low price amps out there that would be good for the money? Also give me some specs on what size amp would fit best with these kickers.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
I am curious what yall have to say about the kickers to. :bowtie:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
silverado_dude said:
I plan on getting a new amp sometime soon....2 channel. Any low price amps out there that would be good for the money? Also give me some specs on what size amp would fit best with these kickers.
jbl 600.1 - small & ugly but puts out a good 600 watts and is elecrtical system friendly 220 on sale but cheaper on ebay but no warretny like sounddomain

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/JBLBP6001

1 - 11 of 11 Posts