GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_responder.asp

I have an appointment with a local audio shop to install the 790 with the remote start and the window moduls... Any reason why I shouldnt do it? I am getting a smoking price on it since I know the owner pretty good... He has an ad in the store showing it installed for 899 and lets say im not paying near that with the window moduls added...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
The pager 2 ways are kindof useless... they almost never work, but you can't complain agains DEI, Viper, Clifford Etc. They are all good units. I have no complaints about my concept 100.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
shit even their moblie audio stuff is winning championships! you cant complain about the 1100bd, I dare you!
I personally wouldnt do the 790 just cuz you only get A remote and if it dies your out like $79 for a new one.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
actually now that i think about it... the one complaint i have with it right now, is that for some reason, i have a tilt sensor, and sometimes when i hit my bags, my truck stalls.

Oh, another problem w/ DEI product, if you unplug ur battery, you have to go get ur alarm reprogramed. But besides that, they rule! Cheap car alarms fuck shit up, so get a good installer and a good alarm.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
im getting that one, tomorrow. but i actually think it is the older model.. the remotes are white, not blue. still a reponder, and and has all the extras. im looking forward to it! hope yours is good.

·
9,823 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
actually now that i think about it... the one complaint i have with it right now, is that for some reason, i have a tilt sensor, and sometimes when i hit my bags, my truck stalls.

Oh, another problem w/ DEI product, if you unplug ur battery, you have to go get ur alarm reprogramed. But besides that, they rule!

I hope your not serious.
1. nobody does tilt sensors anymore
2. it would have nothing to do with your truck killing
3. Even remote starts dont disconnect your ignition, they just tap into it and only disconnect the starter
4. you dont have to get your alarm reprogrammed if you disconnect the battery

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
I have the clifford rs2 now and i'm upgrading to the rs3.5 2way pager alarm with rs of course.

and yeah i've never had a problem with my alarm after disconnecting the battery

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lowred, yea the white responder is the older unit, because the owner of the audio shop that is doing it showed me his and his was white and he said it was the older model... That is sweet, im tired of freezing every morning... I had remote start on my last truck and its killin me to not have it on this one... But all is good after saturday...

·
9,823 Posts
I got em on both of mine and I dont think I could ever go back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts