GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order new tires and at the same time I am buying new Rough Country t-bars and Superlift 5.5" springs. I didn't really want to spend this much right now but my stock bars and springs are both worn out and sagging so I guess I am going to have to. I have thought about removing the stock 2" block and replacing it with a 3" or 4" block and also adding ford keys if needed to level it. Will I be able to crank enough to level it if I get 4" blocks or would that be too much? I am trying to fit 35x14.5 SSRs. I think that I would be able to crank enough since that will give me 7.5" of lift in the back and the lift is designed to be adjustable to 7.5". I just need someone to help me and confirm this.

From what I have read on here, the springs tend to give more than 5.5" though. Does anyone know if this is true or not? A buddy of mine has the springs with a Superlift FIT and ford keys cranked to the max in order to level it.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I thought you had a OBS?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. My first truck was a 95 SCSB but I have had a 2002 ECSB Z71 for about 2.5 years now. I kind of wish I had the old truck back at times.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lets get a pic, LOL.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the old truck. It had a 4" Trailmaster, 4.10 gears, 33x12.5, performance chip, etc,etc.
95Z71Clean.jpg

And here is the new one. It has a 6-7.5" Superlift and 285s(fixing to be 35s).
Superliftside.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
So is your SL working good then?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has been great! I am very satisfied with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts