Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is what I'm goin for as far as the grille and bumper goes:
user15791_pic5719_1234131924.jpg

My question is, would it look better if I just cleared the headlights or if I cleared and colormatched them?

Cleared:
user15791_pic5717_1234131743.jpg

Cleared and colormatched:
mmm-1.jpg

31494300027_large.jpg

I hope it's ok that I used yall's pictures...if it's not, just let me know and i'll remove them.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I vote cleared only. No particular reason other than personal opinion

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
I vote cleared mainly because ive never came across a set of aftermarket black headlights that I would buy.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
both! it looks so hot like that. I'm too much of a pussy to do that up here in the north and our freezing weather. Good luck

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
If you decide to clear them you can use the cutting method or bake them.

If you colormatch them then definitely use the baking method. The cutting method leaves a nasty line on the side closest to the cab. I did it and the line drove me crazy. Sam also had the same problem when his were colormatched.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I like cleared headlights usually but on a black truck you could go either way

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts

If you colormatch them then definitely use the baking method. The cutting method leaves a nasty line on the side closest to the cab. I did it and the line drove me crazy. Sam also had the same problem when his were colormatched.
:word: none of that with the baking.

both look good. I sometimes also think that with an all black theme the big chrome lights can look out of place.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts

no lines on mine or the ones I do...you guys just dont have the skillz :biggrin:

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
cleared and colormatched looks good

but cleared only does also on black, just get a bowtie in chrome to make it flow

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i say color matched, since it seems you goin all black... id only do clear if i was going to have some chrome up to break it up some..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts