GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if it will be ok and not rub until I can get a small body lift. Don't want a full 3, just 2.

The set up is stock 05 Silverado 17s with 305 70 17 and ford keys cranked, bilstein 5100 shocks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
your talking about a stock truck, not your one in the sig right?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
that was my setup before my lift. i rubbed the bolt on the passenger side that comes out of the frame and sometimes on the shock mount. No trimming was done.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might be close, but I would tend to think it would rub pretty bad.
Well when I first took my truck to the shop to have lifted. I drove it with 35 12.50 18 Toyos and Moto Metals 18x9.5 with -12 and at stock height, I rubbed the back of the fender slightly when turning. This will be smaller diameter and stock wheels. I don't think it will be bad at all.

The truck with 35s on stock hight before driving it to the shop.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude. remember you trimmed when you had your 35s. i really dont think you will rub. tight yes but when you trimmed for your toyos you made room
Yes, everything is still trimmed. I just remembered that I drove to the shop with the 35 on stock suspension and wheels sticking out and barely rubbed when turning. I would think that it will be better with stock wheels. I think it will be ok until I can get the 2" body lift

1 - 20 of 23 Posts