GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinkin bout bagging the truck i got an 04 sierra. what would be good kits for daily drive. need help with this one please.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I have an 04 also. Most people will recommend the kp 6 link for a nice dependable system for a the rear end. And standard cup and bags up front. At east get 5 gallons of air and some valve. 1/2" or 3/8" depending on how fast you want it. Personally i would run 1/2 fills and 3/8 dumps. I have 1/2 and they are a little to fast dumps.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can u start out with a 4 link and pan hard and eventually get the 2 cantilevers? whats some good company valves? i think im going to run 3/8 dump because i have denali clips and dont want to fuck it up. what are you runing on ur truck? is the bed notched?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
all depends on how much you wanna spend?.......if you have the money i would suggest having a shop build you a nice custom 4 link adn what not but if youw ant something relatively cheap and reliable i would go with a kit like KP....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an 04 also. Most people will recommend the kp 6 link for a nice dependable system for a the rear end. And standard cup and bags up front. At east get 5 gallons of air and some valve. 1/2" or 3/8" depending on how fast you want it. Personally i would run 1/2 fills and 3/8 dumps. I have 1/2 and they are a little to fast dumps.
i have 1/2" dumps and fills. to slow it down i used a swagelok 1/2" to 3/8" fitting on the dump, and it slowed it down drastically.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have 1/2" dumps and fills. to slow it down i used a swagelok 1/2" to 3/8" fitting on the dump, and it slowed it down drastically.
My truck is a daily also and I just put in 1/2" fills and dumps. Its a bit fast for me on the dump side, and will probably be adding reducers to slow it down. But I wanted to have 1/2 just in case I wouldn't have been happy with the 3/8's.
Are you going to be towing anything bigger than say a jet ski? If you are, then I wouldn't go with the 6-link. Use the 4-link for sure. Nice ride and easy to maintain.

Up front go with some cups, bags, and spend a couple hundred to get some spindles too. They will keep your angles in check and you can ride lower. Good luck, you've found the right place to have your questions answered.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
slam specialties air bags. RE7's. Better than firestones or contitechs.

Viair compressors

Parker valves

Parker line and fittings

weld on 4 link w/ panhard bar.

thats what i recommend

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think im going to go with the kp 6 link very good from what i hear and eazy install. as far as negative camber up front, never really been sure on how to get rid of that. any suggestions? im sure some one knows.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You can put on some drop spindles to correst the camber if your running 20's. If your running 22's I think its spindles and drop arms.

BUt I suggest contitect bags. I',m running 2600 4 ply dual 1/2 ports and I love them.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is the purpose of runing dual ports never got that one? i think im going to run slam specialties

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have slams up front, and firestones in the rear. The only downfall of slam bags is that they ride a lot rougher than firestone or conitech, but they wont separate, and you get more lift... And you may want a little negative camber depending on what wheels you have... makes for a little more ease of tucking some wide bitches in the front. I'd suggest some spidles is all...

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
You can put on some drop spindles to correst the camber if your running 20's. If your running 22's I think its spindles and drop arms.

BUt I suggest contitect bags. I',m running 2600 4 ply dual 1/2 ports and I love them.
Spindles yes.....spindles w/ drop arms are a big :nono: IMO...

there is no real way to completely eliminate negative camber....it is just something that happens with the movement of you control arms. Just get a set of spindles and you'll be fine..

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Spindles yes.....spindles w/ drop arms are a big :nono: IMO...

there is no real way to completely eliminate negative camber....it is just something that happens with the movement of you control arms. Just get a set of spindles and you'll be fine..
I've always hear dit was a no no also but I thought Ive heard thats how to do it with 22's. Sorry for the bad info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts