GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in having a meet in orange beach al close to the end of summer? I think it would be awesome to have meAt on the beach? Just a feeler but if we could get enough ppl I would be down to clown

·
You t-boned me bro!?
2,230 Posts
I beez down

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
i wouldnt mind going back this summer, but youre aware that's 5.5 hours away, and that there are hardly no (none that i remember) cheap hotels there.. i spent around $400 for two nights when me and nik went. Most places have a minimum stay limit (Like 3 nights) and most are high rises, condos, and suites. i stayed in a suite, and albeit ridiculously nice for someone from tupelo ms, it was ridiculously overpriced and had it just been me i wouldnt have stayed there.

there is a decent amount of shit to do, lots of shopping, and a few bars, would be a fun meet, just hella expensive. i stayed a weekend when me an her went an i came off about $1500 in total.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wouldnt mind going back this summer, but youre aware that's 5.5 hours away, and that there are hardly no (none that i remember) cheap hotels there.. i spent around $400 for two nights when me and nik went. Most places have a minimum stay limit (Like 3 nights) and most are high rises, condos, and suites. i stayed in a suite, and albeit ridiculously nice for someone from tupelo ms, it was ridiculously overpriced and had it just been me i wouldnt have stayed there.

there is a decent amount of shit to do, lots of shopping, and a few bars, would be a fun meet, just hella expensive. i stayed a weekend when me an her went an i came off about $1500 in total.
last time i went we stayed in a hotel right on the beach(dont remeber the name) but it was nice and it wasnt but 60 a nite... not too bad.. 5.5 hours is alot better than driving like 8hr to destin or somthing... this is just a feeler but im not goin if its just yall two:crazy:

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
keep in mind whoreicane katrina leveled most of the shitty hotels and they were replaced by high rises. Its really nice now though.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was there after the hurricane I know what's there... We put 500 fireplaces in a high rise down there... From the looks of it now I don't guess there will be any meat though but I will be goin

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
where the hell is orange beach? Some of my friends are getting married there in a few months

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Oh its right by Gulf Shores. Jamie's uncle owns a house there

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
I'm in like flynn. Might have to pay a visit to the FloraBama...and buy some lottery tickets.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We would have to set a date so everyone could ask off one day.. I was thinking like arrive on friday stay the weekend and leave sunday.. :imo

·
You t-boned me bro!?
2,230 Posts
What about a date, how bout the middle o theend of July?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Gulf Shores FTW! I stayed there 5 or or so years ago, real nice beach.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts