GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is more logical to get rims and such and then bags, or should I wait and get bagged and then figure out what size rims I will need, shouldn't i be able to figure out the size and such now so i can get the rims and bag it later? it's not it's going to change right?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
get rims that tuck... you won't have a problem. They know what backspacing that you need for ur wheels to tuck. i've told you that b4, but what would i know. :read:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'd go with rims first. It makes it much easier to find out how much your truck needs to drop when you bag it. It would suck if you set up your truck, and then came 1/2" from laying out because your notch is too small

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
moose54 said:
it is more logical to get rims and such and then bags, or should I wait and get bagged and then figure out what size rims I will need, shouldn't i be able to figure out the size and such now so i can get the rims and bag it later? it's not it's going to change right?
I'd say bag it first, it would look silly on some wheels and low profile tires at stock height, unless you plan to wear out a set of tires before you bag it .. then you could run some large 20s, then when you get ready to bag it get some low-pro.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Get the wheels 1st that way when you go to bag it you'll know how much of the inner fenders you'll need to cut out. If you're gonna wait awhile to bag it I'd just keep the stockers on until you get the air ride.

·
Registered
142 Posts
shouldn't you get wheels that you want first and then lower to suit? I guess in my mind I can raise and lower relatively cheaply vs buying new wheels if I don't like the the final outcome...

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
i'm baggin mine first since i plan on runnin 22's and my stock tires are slightly larger so when it lays out on my stockers or even if it comes to 1/4 inch from layin i'll be fine with my 22's since they are about 3/4 to an inch shorter

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i went with rims first so when they are tubbing the firewall they know exactly what needs to be trimmed and what can stay

i think my truck looks goofy as hell with 22's and rubberband tires all jacked up looking. i thought it wasnt going to be for long but shit happens...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if i get the rims then i probly wont get bagged till after christmas, because i get the work done here and then i go to school in washington. So it would be like 3-4 months.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Well, to me the question has a simple answer, as you can all see what I chose to do first. :LOL:

But I'll ask you all this:

What looks better? A truck laid out on stock wheels, or a stock height truck on big wheels with rubberbands?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Downfall said:
damn i wish i could crap $3500, i'd be stinkin rich:LOL: :LOL:

oh yea back to the subject... it defintly looks better layed out on stocks than stock height on big rims and rubberbands, its an prefrance thing

another reason i bought rims first was i had the cah for rims and bags and the waiting list was long for bags and i wanted to do something to my truck

oopps i replyied to my own shit :LOL:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am in the process of bagging my truck (was already dropped 4/6) and will get the 20s with low profile tires when the bank account recovers again...sigh...I make decent money but by the time I do the mortgage, kids and wife, holidays, etc. I have to budget my truck money...

My logic for bags first then rims is that once I have the vehicle bagged
I will know exactly what fits and what doesn't...oh I am also running 15" rims but non-stock tires so I don't get any rubbing even on a 4/6 drop...

So if things go well by the end of summer I will have the truck bagged and 20s...however If it doesn't I will still have it bagged and will do the wheels probably next spring or summer...

Im always hoping that one of you guys will "have to go to 22s" and will put up your 20" intros for sale nice and cheap :D

Oh and btw I think downfall has got it right....its a preference thing...
which ever you think looks better...

stock rims layed out...
or
nice wheels stock height...

Heck maybe one of the photoshop pros here could "show" you the difference...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol well this was a fun conversation but my mom convinced me to invest the money, something about making money off of money sounds nice to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts