GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my kpcomponents 6 link. They said it should be here in a week or so. What do I need to do before it gets here. The front is already bagged. And im pretty sure I have all the parts and stuff. I know ill need a notch, but what else. Can I leave the gas tank where it is and order a devious customs one later? Anyone know of a cheap deal on one? Any help would be great. Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I would just raise your stock tank while you have the bed off getting the notch put in. A raised stock tank has the same ground clearance as the devious tank, and will cost much less.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i cant wait. I already have the bags, the fittings and plenty of line. So i think im good on the parts. Just waitin on the 6 link. Yeah i think ill go with raisin the tank if everyone else is doin it and no problems. Do you have to cut the cab when you raise the tank tho. Thats the only part im worried about.

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
yeah u can leave the gas tank like that for now... hell i did and i hit it on everything. But u can rasie it while the beds off like everyone else is saying, i personaly went with the devious tank and i love it. But its up to u man, either way works.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah im with you. How high do you have to raise it. I have heard just an inch. Do you have to cut the cab to make it fit? Someone please explain.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
i lifted my stock tank, 2inches in the rear and 1inch in the front and i didn't have to cut the cab but i had to cut the bed cross members over the gas tank

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Humm if you went 1" front and back would you still have to notch that crossmember? Also how far did you have to notch it? Half way gone in that spot, all the way gone in that spot or what.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts