GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally convinced myself to order the DMH Performance Electric Exhaust Cutout! I know a few of you guys have cutouts, my question is how far after the cats did you mount them? Have you had ANY problems with your cutouts (any brand/make)?? Hopefully it will get here this week and have it installed ASAP! :D I chose DMH because of their 4 year warranty... and I probably wont even have the cutout on my truck for 4 years! Hell, I might not even have my truck for 4 more year! :LOL:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Let me know how you like it when it is installed.. Not sure on brand, but I want to try one of those Electric Cutouts myself.

·
Cross Into the Blue
356 Posts
i put mine on just in front of the muffler and it works great. i have the QTEC electric cut out. your gonna love it....oh yeah, no problems here

·
[>
3,255 Posts
CrazyAggie05 said:
i put mine on just in front of the muffler and it works great. i have the QTEC electric cut out. your gonna love it....oh yeah, no problems here
Have you got any pictures of that? Do you have a short Turndown on it?

I was looking at that myself. Does it leak or anything? How long have you had it?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Having a Regular cab, I was limited to the places I could put mine. Right now it is dumped where the Cab and Bed meet. I had a McCord powerplate, and the only problem I had were some screws inside came loose and the motor lost contact with the butterfly. I good man by the name of Dr. Doggy took it upon himself to take it apart and fix it, so now everything works great. As for leaks, it was airtight at first because of the silicone that surrounded the blade, but after awhile it all burned off and started to leak. It was only noticible when you got under the truck and really listened for it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Thanks for the feedback guys... as far as leaks, I am covered with the warranty, I hope. Loose screws.. probably covered too, but I will just fix that myself.. IF any of these problems occur. I will get pictures/videos up quick! :D :D Shit, laptop battery is about to die... brb! :LOL:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
yoskater said:

I think it is rather Funny that It Says 'Unleash the Power'.... considering how much power you are going to loose when you have that thing opened :nono:

You definitely want to run that after the cats to gain back as much backpressure that you loose from not going though the muffler.

How much was the electric cut out? I had a pair welded on my last ride with wingnuts for 50 bucks. I liked it for like two days and then capped it up forever. I just don't like how a NBS truck sounds driving down the street trying to be a 50's or 60's hot rodder with straight pipes.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:LOL: ... I know, "unleash the power!" is funny... I guess maybe if you had a 500hp engine.. :shrug: I agree with you totally, the cutout is for sound only, if I don't like it, I know a few people I can sell it to. We'll find out soon! Oh, I paid a lot more than you did... lol.. :eek:wned: :bawl:

·
Broke
350 Posts
Cali smog guys arent gonna mess with you for that thing? It will help power up top too.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brodystruck said:
Cali smog guys arent gonna mess with you for that thing? It will help power up top too.
Cali smog guys can kiss my ass! :moon: I don't know if they will mess with me or not for it (probably), but if I ever need a smog check on my 2002 Silverado, I will just remove the cutout for 1 day.. lol.

Plus, I don't know if I am gonna keep the cutout or not... but since they didn't get my "can I pay for faster shipping" e-mail, it will be here on Thursday :flame:

We'll see...

·
[>
3,255 Posts
yoskater said:
... it will be here on Thursday :flame:

Cant wait.. Na really, I ordered my cutout and it will be here tomorrow also :crazy:

Where are you planning on putting the switch? Im trying to get ideas myself.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BDZ71 said:
Cant wait.. Na really, I ordered my cutout and it will be here tomorrow also :crazy:

Where are you planning on putting the switch? Im trying to get ideas myself.
I am thinking about putting the switch right under my cargo light button.. otherwise maybe under the dash somewhere.. I dunno, we'll see.. :D I'll charge my video camera up right now :naughty:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:head: Well, I just now got it, and since the muffler shop closes in 40 minutes I'm gonna have this bitch put on tomorrow... stay posted for videos :read:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts