GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which should I go for guys? Its going to be on the street the most and the tire company is telling me the cooper STT will get me more mileage.

Cooper STT 325/80/16 for 305 a piece
Irok 36x13.5x16 325 a piece ( I think I can talk him down on this price though)
But they are a cooper dealer and is probably trying to push his STTs alot harder.

Which would you guys get?
And the reason Im getting them from this guy is cause I got approved for 1,400 no interest for a year

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Iroks would be cool, because you'd be in the brotherhood and all...but, the coopers look good and SHOULD last longer and ride perty good...

...but dood, financing tires??:rolleyes:

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iroks would be cool, because you'd be in the brotherhood and all...but, the coopers look good and SHOULD last longer and ride perty good...

...but dood, financing tires??:rolleyes:
Why not if its a year no interest? Itll help out my credit, plus I NEED the tires and wouldnt have an extra 1,200 for atleast 3 months

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Is This A Choice Intero Rocks

·
4,725 Posts
Those prices are outrageous.

·
4,725 Posts
$1175 for 4 shipped from Sams 4x4 store. Probably get them price match/beat by Summit or someone else too.

·
4,725 Posts
Sounds like a nice raw ass pounding good time.

·
4,725 Posts
Why not spend the money with a company that doesn't want to fuck you hard? there are a lot of great vendors out there even located in Caliland that'll help you out

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I Noticed Most People On Here Get Ass Raped On Prices Because They Dont Shop Around, And Dont Know What They Are Talking About. That Is Perfect Bait For A Salesman...

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not spend the money with a company that doesn't want to fuck you hard? there are a lot of great vendors out there even located in Caliland that'll help you out
You dont think under $300 a tire is a good deal for 37" STTs?
I know hes high priced on the Iroks and he already told me he would meet any price.
But like I said he is a cooper dealer and would rather make me a better deal on the STTs.
What do you guys think I shouldnt pay more than for the STTs?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
You dont think under $300 a tire is a good deal for 37" STTs?
I know hes high priced on the Iroks and he already told me he would meet any price.
But like I said he is a cooper dealer and would rather make me a better deal on the STTs.
What do you guys think I shouldnt pay more than for the STTs?
Which shop are you talking about? When I buy my swampers I'm just going to make the drive up to 4wp in Sacramento.... they price match and do free mount/balance..... it was the best deal I could find anywhere around Modesto.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which shop are you talking about? When I buy my swampers I'm just going to make the drive up to 4wp in Sacramento.... they price match and do free mount/balance..... it was the best deal I could find anywhere around Modesto.
City Tire on mchenry, they are great guys and they do free mounting and balancing plus free rotation for the life of the tire.

Hes defintely got the best price I can find for the STTs, but if hell meet that $250 a tire for the Iroks Ill take them, but also if he says hell give me the STTs for that price then Ill take them, since they are an inch taller :hmm:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
City Tire on mchenry, they are great guys and they do free mounting and balancing plus free rotation for the life of the tire.

Hes defintely got the best price I can find for the STTs, but if hell meet that $250 a tire for the Iroks Ill take them, but also if he says hell give me the STTs for that price then Ill take them, since they are an inch taller :hmm:
Alright sounds good, I've heard only positive things about that place.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright sounds good, I've heard only positive things about that place.
Dont ever go to northern tire and wheel on kansas.......Its owned by the brother of city tire and that guy used to or maybe still is a huge druggy and will only deal with you if you show cash, other than that he literally will turn his back to you.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I used to think Cooper tires were a cheap, or generic alternative to Toyo tires... but I've seen them up close and they seem to be equal quality. Their new mud terrains look pretty cool too.

I'd go with the Coopers... never really been a fan of the Iroks. They seem to run skinny, they don't seem to last long, and they seem expensive for what you get.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used to think Cooper tires were a cheap, or generic alternative to Toyo tires... but I've seen them up close and they seem to be equal quality. Their new mud terrains look pretty cool too.

I'd go with the Coopers... never really been a fan of the Iroks. They seem to run skinny, they don't seem to last long, and they seem expensive for what you get.
The cooper guy tells me the STTs should last atleast 40k the cooper S/Ts I have now have 30k on them with more to go.

So I guess itll just come down to which one he wants to throw me the lowest price on.....Hes gonna have to come down on the STTs to equal what I can get the Iroks for online.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts