GMC Truck Forum banner

ORI Suspension

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Josh 
#1 ·
Anyone ever heard of them? good? bad? my friend said hes getting an 6" ORI lift on 2000 z71. But ive never heard of them.

#2 ·
ORI is shit. the owner is/was (havent heard about them in about a year) a guy named mike. he was originally from san antonio and owned performance offroad. performance offroad was THE place to go to get your truck done for a while about 10 years ago. mike built a new shop, and started treating people like shit, doing halfass installs, and carrying shitty products. he bought a monster truck, and supposedly had some loans out from the wrong people(dont know if that part is true). He went bankrupt, sold his business to another guy, (its still around, but MUCH smaller). and moved shop to bulverde. bulverde has got alot of money, but 90% of the residence commute to San Antonio everyday, and can get theyre trucks done here just as easy. last time i heard he was in austin where noone knows him or his reputation. i didnt know he was making his own kits these days. but i would be very leary. :imo

ORI=off-road i..? i cant remember

#3 ·
i highly doubt that son of a bitch is making his own. hes so full of shit. i got my first truck done by him. big mistake. will sweet talk you to get you to buy from him, then does a shitty job, takes forever, and is a total ass after he gets you money. he got a black eye after he got in a fight with a customer when he was doing the work on my truck...made me wonder what the hell he did to that poor bastards truck. he said the guy just started swinging and he took him outside and beat the crap outta him. thats not the story i heard after the fact. dont buy from this guy. id rather see you go to 4wp

#5 ·
CrazyAggie05 said:
i highly doubt that son of a bitch is making his own. hes so full of shit. i got my first truck done by him. big mistake. will sweet talk you to get you to buy from him, then does a shitty job, takes forever, and is a total ass after he gets you money. he got a black eye after he got in a fight with a customer when he was doing the work on my truck...made me wonder what the hell he did to that poor bastards truck. he said the guy just started swinging and he took him outside and beat the crap outta him. thats not the story i heard after the fact. dont buy from this guy. id rather see you go to 4wp
i remember that shit. you remember when he wouldnt replace your gimp spring? he wanted to take you and your dad outside to the parking lot as well. remember that??? :jawdrop:

#9 ·
I remember that....he had that new Performance OFf Road building right off 281 and Rhapsody, its not a Marble place lol. Then he had the "grand opening" somewhere out by I10...he screwed up my old 89 K5...you guys are dead on...he had half of san antonio on his ass for screwing everyone...funny yall talk about it,, i was just thinking of it myself

#10 ·
04Z71SAtx said:
I remember that....he had that new Performance OFf Road building right off 281 and Rhapsody, its not a Marble place lol. Then he had the "grand opening" somewhere out by I10...he screwed up my old 89 K5...you guys are dead on...he had half of san antonio on his ass for screwing everyone...funny yall talk about it,, i was just thinking of it myself
you have pics of your k-5?

#11 ·
No digital pics, just old photos n polariods
89 K5, Dark Gray with the black "midsection" i guess that went along the side of the truck...4in Rancho Susp with 35X12.50 BFG ATs, he reamed me on a set of new shock, the tires...his guy stripped like 2 lugnut threads on each wheel and never told me about it :nono:

#14 ·
gotta(be)low said:
Josh, that's the guy I was thinking of in that beefy ford thread, not enternity.
they were right across the street and down the road from where you are thinking. ive seen theyre ads in magazines since this thread started, and theyre logo on LOTS of trucks in and around austin. :nono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.