Votes: 2 16.7%
  • motor swap

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 07 LTZ a couple months ago and just picked up an 05 4x2. I'm bored and looking to tinker with it so I figure I'd post a poll on the first thing you guys would do with it. The wifey has been grinding on me to get our kitchen renovated so I can only squeeze one of these in at the moment

Old truck

New project

Option 1- McGaughys 4/6 drop kit, aftermarket wheels and tires, tint

Option 2 - Complete stereo. Install my Alpine SPX17-REF components, 2 Boston G5 sub's in custom built box, Alpine W505 touch screen HU, sound deaden floor/doors/back of cab.

Option 3 - Replace the 5.3 with an LQ4 6.0. Install new cam, headers, and torque converter. Blackbear tune.

I know this is mostly subjective, I just though it would be fun to see everyone's input on what they'd do if it were there's.

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Believe me, I've changed my mind about a hundred times already, lol. I'm kind of leaning towards option 1 because I can live with the Hose stereo for now and the motor does still work, but man that thing looks fugly with the wheels on it right now. :D

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have any more pic's of it, this just happened to be on my phone still. I'm not sure the exact power, I believe he said it was around 650 hp. Whatever it is, it's scary fast. Here's what I used to play with him with.

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would say option 2, you gotta have your tunes. The bose system is not doing it for you. I have the bose setup and love it. I wish the subwoofer had a little more bass though.
Yeah, the Bose is mediocre at best but at least there is music. The sucky part is I have most all of the components to swap over, (I even have an Alpine x305 I just bought a month ago). I hate the fact that I have to purchase so much crap to maintain steering wheel controls and retained accessory power.

I voted engine swap but atleast tint the windows

once you start down the road with lowering you'll want to go farther,
first 4/6 then 5/7 then you'll be told by most on here to "bag it"
I was going to mention that tint will be done regardless. I'm not interested in bagging. I've done it on two other vehicles and it doesn't excite me anymore. I just want a nice low DD with no headaches.

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I vote, buy your old truck back. It looked purty.
Yeah why did you get rid of that truck anyway? I would of kept it.
I'm the GSM at a Chevy dealership and my pay plan isn't what it used to be. I had a year left on the lease and dumped it when I had the chance. Besides, I'm the type who loves to tinker on things.

I decided to take a break from my theater redesign.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.