Votes: 2 16.7%
  • motor swap

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 07 LTZ a couple months ago and just picked up an 05 4x2. I'm bored and looking to tinker with it so I figure I'd post a poll on the first thing you guys would do with it. The wifey has been grinding on me to get our kitchen renovated so I can only squeeze one of these in at the moment

Old truck

New project

Option 1- McGaughys 4/6 drop kit, aftermarket wheels and tires, tint

Option 2 - Complete stereo. Install my Alpine SPX17-REF components, 2 Boston G5 sub's in custom built box, Alpine W505 touch screen HU, sound deaden floor/doors/back of cab.

Option 3 - Replace the 5.3 with an LQ4 6.0. Install new cam, headers, and torque converter. Blackbear tune.

I know this is mostly subjective, I just though it would be fun to see everyone's input on what they'd do if it were there's.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Damn, option 1 and 3 are tempting as hell for me. I love horsepower but I do love a good looking truck.

Edit: I said Motor swap.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
Damn thats hard because it depends on what you want from it. If you can't stand driving it with the 5.3 and crave the power, swap that shit. If you DD it and are fine with its current power, do the stereo and be more comfortable every day. If you just want it to look more titties then go with option 1. lol

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, I've changed my mind about a hundred times already, lol. I'm kind of leaning towards option 1 because I can live with the Hose stereo for now and the motor does still work, but man that thing looks fugly with the wheels on it right now. :D

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have any more pic's of it, this just happened to be on my phone still. I'm not sure the exact power, I believe he said it was around 650 hp. Whatever it is, it's scary fast. Here's what I used to play with him with.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would say option 2, you gotta have your tunes. The bose system is not doing it for you. I have the bose setup and love it. I wish the subwoofer had a little more bass though.

·
deel'n wif it
581 Posts
I voted engine swap but atleast tint the windows

once you start down the road with lowering you'll want to go farther,
first 4/6 then 5/7 then you'll be told by most on here to "bag it"

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would say option 2, you gotta have your tunes. The bose system is not doing it for you. I have the bose setup and love it. I wish the subwoofer had a little more bass though.
Yeah, the Bose is mediocre at best but at least there is music. The sucky part is I have most all of the components to swap over, (I even have an Alpine x305 I just bought a month ago). I hate the fact that I have to purchase so much crap to maintain steering wheel controls and retained accessory power.

I voted engine swap but atleast tint the windows

once you start down the road with lowering you'll want to go farther,
first 4/6 then 5/7 then you'll be told by most on here to "bag it"
I was going to mention that tint will be done regardless. I'm not interested in bagging. I've done it on two other vehicles and it doesn't excite me anymore. I just want a nice low DD with no headaches.

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I vote, buy your old truck back. It looked purty.
Yeah why did you get rid of that truck anyway? I would of kept it.
I'm the GSM at a Chevy dealership and my pay plan isn't what it used to be. I had a year left on the lease and dumped it when I had the chance. Besides, I'm the type who loves to tinker on things.

I decided to take a break from my theater redesign.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts