GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
disgusted
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 3 months ago my '04 5.3 (see sig) was overheating very erratically. heat would spike then drop to normal then slowly go up etc etc. Changed the thermo, changed the cap, didnt find any leaks. So I take it to the shop my dad and his partners own, and they tell me they've found the problem, it was an overfill hose from the radiator to the reservoir tank, and it was clogged creating pressure in the radiator which made the temp spike. well now its doing it again, and although the shop didn't charge me, fuck taking it 20 min down the road to fix it. has anyone else had this problem? and there are two hoses leading to the reservoir tank, which one would it be that is clogged? I'm sure this happening for the second time means i need a radiator flush, which is coming next.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Dash gauges suck when it comes to actually diagnosing when an overheating problem exists, I'd be willing to bet it's happening more than you think.

Put it in your pool and shoot some holes in it to relieve some pressure in the system :imo

·
disgusted
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dash gauges suck when it comes to actually diagnosing when an overheating problem exists, I'd be willing to bet it's happening more than you think.

Put it in your pool and shoot some holes in it to relieve some pressure in the system :imo
damnit...:shake:

well i understand its happening more, it just started yesterday and i know what the problem is, i just want to know which hose it would be and if anyone else has had the trouble of this pressure release hose getting clogged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts