GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just joined the forum in search of some help. Move my thread if I’m posting in the wrong section, didnt find a section that seemed totally appropriate. So basically the problem I’m having is I’m getting codes P0174 P0171 P0030 and P0135. Ive change my bank one sensor 1 o2 sensors with an eBay one, didn’t fix the problem so I assumed the eBay part was junk. I then swapped it with a used sensor from my friends Escalade with the same results. Got a new sensor from Autozone with same results. So I’m at a bit of a loss here. The truck is a 2006 1500 Z71 crew cab. The engine has been swapped with a cammed Lq4 and tbss intake. I’ve checked all for vacuum leaks and I have a tune from Black Bear Performance for the new engine. I’ve checked to make sure the harness isn’t pinched anywhere or rubbed a wire bare. The harness side of the o2 connector looks good. I saw somewhere that the MAF sensor should be cleaned but I don’t see how that interferes with the o2 sensor heater circuit. Lastly I have a p0315 code which I know means I need a crank variation relearn done but don’t see how that could cause my o2 sensor problems. Any help in my next step will be much appreciated. Pretty stumped at this point

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did all this start with the new motor install?

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk
I’d like to say it did but I’m pretty sure it started just before. Problem is I never really paid too much attention to it until after I swapped the engine. I did change to the eBay sensor before the swap now that it you mention it though. I put it on and assumed the CEL didn’t go off because my 5.3 had a constant knock sensor code (bad lifter) so once I swapped the motor and had new knock sensors I had to see why the CEL was still on

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm assuming you've cleared the codes multiple times .... as in ..after each new sensor. The cel will stay on after you've fixed the problem until it goes through enough test cycles. Then the cel will go out.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep I’ve cleared the code every time and even several more times. P0030 and p0315 always comes right back and the rest come up after a drive of about 5-10 miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, according to the P0174 and P0171 codes, your engine is running lean on both banks, and the P0030 & P0135 codes indicate your bank 1 sensor 1 heater circuit has a problem.

You might want to try either an ACDelco or a Denso O2 sensor. It seems our Chevys are extremely particular to which O2 sensors they like as well as which spark plugs go in them. If you are not running ACDelco 41962 plugs (assuming you have a V8 engine), then those could very well be part of the problem as well.

Regarding the P0315 crankshaft position system variation values not matching those stored in the PCM, you will need to do the crankshaft position system relearn procedure. It is possible that could be contributing to the lean running condition as well.

Is there any way for you to "turn off" your Black Bear Performance tune and run stock parameters to see if the lean codes go away?

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, according to the P0174 and P0171 codes, your engine is running lean on both banks, and the P0030 & P0135 codes indicate your bank 1 sensor 1 heater circuit has a problem.

You might want to try either an ACDelco or a Denso O2 sensor. It seems our Chevys are extremely particular to which O2 sensors they like as well as which spark plugs go in them. If you are not running ACDelco 41962 plugs (assuming you have a V8 engine), then those could very well be part of the problem as well.

Regarding the P0315 crankshaft position system variation values not matching those stored in the PCM, you will need to do the crankshaft position system relearn procedure. It is possible that could be contributing to the lean running condition as well.

Is there any way for you to "turn off" your Black Bear Performance tune and run stock parameters to see if the lean codes go away?

Good luck!
sorry, my 4l60 decided to become All neutrals (as was expected) so this problem kinda took a back seat. I’ll put AC delco plugs in it when I get it going again and a denso o2 sensor in it along with cleaning my maf to see if that clears anything up. My black bear tune is a mail in tune which is preprogrammed into my ecm which black bear sent to me so it can’t be turned off. I’ve got to get the dealer to do a crank relearn for me when it’s back on the road since my snap on scan tool just couldn’t seem to get the job done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the update - sorry to hear about your transmission.

OK on the Black Bear tune.

Good luck!
Ah transmission problems have haunted me since I started driving. I knew from the day I bought this truck I would break the transmission being a 4l60E. Probably just the way I drive. My El Camino went through 7 before I finally put up the money to get a 700r4 built. Just gonna have to do the same for the Silverado. But yeah I’ll be back on here to update again after I do some work to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts