GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is for my parents (my brother mostly drives it though) truck, its a 2001 1500 ECSB 2wd with the 4.8 and 140k miles on it.

My parents are hurting for money right now, because they just had to replace the engine on their camry, and then they just got this truck out of the shop because it had a really bad oil leak. So I'm trying to help them out and do whatever I can do for them.

The truck was throwing a code for p0135, which is 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. So rather then buying new 02 sensors, I took two from my truck (my rears are turned off with a tune, so it doesn't matter, and i have no cats). So I got those in there, cleared the check engine light, and now its throwing all of the other codes!

Whats some suggestions?

I think they bought the truck with maybe 70k Miles on it, and both my parents, and my brothers are HORRIBLE with maintenance. So i'm pretty positive that its the original plugs, wires, and everything else....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i had all different codes for awhile and i cleaned the maf sensor, oil change, and sea foam and now works great. same truck but with only 80k miles

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P0131: O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0135: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0171: Fuel Trim System Lean (Bank 1)
P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
Yeah thats what my scanner is telling me, I'm looking for some advice on what I should do to try and fix it.

What are some of these other codes its throwing? Is it running like something is wrong?
See the thread title :shake:

can you watch data or just pull codes?
I can only pull codes

i had all different codes for awhile and i cleaned the maf sensor, oil change, and sea foam and now works great. same truck but with only 80k miles
I just sea foamed it maybe 2 months ago? and also did an oil change at the same, and the oil was also just changed 2 days ago when they replaced the oil pan gasket

big tires got it
huh?:think:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
clean the maf and see what happens, its only $5 and it take 5 minutes to do

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
the rear o2 sensors shouldnt fit the bank1 sensor 1 spot, electrically, if i remember right. you need bank 1 sensor 1, which is the pre cat on the drivers side. my money says that sensor shit the bed. when you take it out, hold the washer and shake it, if you can hear rattling in their, its bad for sure.

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the rear o2 sensors shouldnt fit the bank1 sensor 1 spot, electrically, if i remember right. you need bank 1 sensor 1, which is the pre cat on the drivers side. my money says that sensor shit the bed. when you take it out, hold the washer and shake it, if you can hear rattling in their, its bad for sure.
hmm.... that could be an issue. are the sensors different from sensor 1 and sensor 2? i checked the plugs and everything seemed to be the same before i did it.

I'll go get some MAF cleaner right now.....

·
2,595 Posts
hmm.... that could be an issue. are the sensors different from sensor 1 and sensor 2? i checked the plugs and everything seemed to be the same before i did it.

I'll go get some MAF cleaner right now.....
i thought they were, but i cant be sure, they changed year to year. your sure you changed the pre-cat sensor and not post?

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i took my post cat sensors off my 05 with 30k miles, and put them on his as pre cats

i did this because i don't need mine, i have no cats and theyve been turned off with the tune

·
2,595 Posts
Well, if you havent been using your sensors theres no telling that they are good. if you put a bad sensor on it would certainly explain getting more fault codes.

·
2,595 Posts

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like O2 sensor to me. :imo

Do you live in Kentucky?

(Kentucky residents, replace "Kentucky" above with "Alabama".)
:rofljest: I didn't even realize how bad that sounds. what i meant, is its my parents, but my brother (my parents son) drives it most of the time.

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, if you havent been using your sensors theres no telling that they are good. if you put a bad sensor on it would certainly explain getting more fault codes.
true, I guess i was just assuming that they are still good since the truck only has 30k miles on it

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
I forgot, when I posted, the real reason I showed up in this thread. I wanted to thank you for using such a good subject line. Not "Need help", not "Check engine light", not even "help me with these codes"...you put the real data in there. :high5:

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I forgot, when I posted, the real reason I showed up in this thread. I wanted to thank you for using such a good subject line. Not "Need help", not "Check engine light", not even "help me with these codes"...you put the real data in there. :high5:
:shake:

makes it a lot easier for someone else searching for these codes to find the answer. kind of made me laugh when someone posted "What are some of these other codes its throwing?"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts