GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 1500 4x4 with the 5.3. On way home the check engine light came on. Got home hooked up programmer and it was saying P0174 sys too lean bank 2. p0171 sys too lean bank1. I have airaid jr kit with airaid filter, edge evo ht programmer, and a jet mass air flow sensor and magnaflow exhaust. Newest of the mods is the jet MAF as my factory one went bad.. anyone know the solution to this problem?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just talked to a guy at the firehouse and he said his wife had the same problem on her truck but it would only come on if it was cold outside and as soon as it warmed up it went away? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump. Anyone else have this problem ever? Kinda gettin on my nerves lookin down and seeing the check engine light on. ive also noticed im useing more fuel than normal and have a rough idle?

·
USMC
60 Posts
i had the same codes being thrown. turned out my plug wires were resting on my headers and burnt through so the plug wasnt sparking, but would not register a misfire cuz the coil pack is still working. also have heard that your intake manifold gasket can get a leak causing the same code to be set.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I eneded up cleaning my factory mass airflow sensor amd putting it back on. Ended up being the jet mass air flow sensor. Anyone hurd of that before?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've heard that the jet MAFS are garbage and are not calibrated correctly. Stock is always the best and will handle well over 600 hp!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts