GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2004 LB7 Duramax. That recently through the P0380 code. After doing some research online I saw that it could possibly be bad glow plugs or a bad glow plug controller. So for safe measures I went ahead and replaced all the glow plugs with brand new Bosch glow plugs and I also replaced the glow plug controller with a brand new unit but the truck still continues to throw the P0380 code. It also shows P0380 PD on the code reader which from what I have read is a continuing code. Any anyone shed some light as to what else could he causing this code?

·
CHARGED
137 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2004 LB7 Duramax. That recently through the P0380 code. After doing some research online I saw that it could possibly be bad glow plugs or a bad glow plug controller. So for safe measures I went ahead and replaced all the glow plugs with brand new Bosch glow plugs and I also replaced the glow plug controller with a brand new unit but the truck still continues to throw the P0380 code. It also shows P0380 PD on the code reader which from what I have read is a continuing code. Any anyone shed some light as to what else could he causing this code?
You should test each glow plug individually to see if you have a bad one, I know you said you replaced all of them but I've seen a bad one out of the package.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts