GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today picked up my first new truck in 16 years, a Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab. Stock wheels are Bridgestone P265/70/R17. I'd like to put the largest tires I can on the truck without doing any modifications. Will P285s fit? I have only a few days to make a decision, else I'm driving with the stock P265s.

Any help would be appreciated. I just joined this forum today - and have done some searches but can't definitively find an answer. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I would stick with the 285s personally. No reason to stuff tires and rub your fenders on a brand new truck. If it was older then go for it with the 305. But I would just put a set of 285's since they are the same height as the 305 but not as wide...

And welcome to the site...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i was actually gonna do that to my truck, but thought that if im buyin tires, im gonna go 35s. i know many people that have that setup and have zero issues. i would go no larger than a 285/70/17 personally :imo

and welcome to GMFS! glad to see another 1500 crew on here! :rocking:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey - thanks everyone for the welcome and the feedback. I think I'll definitely go with the 285s on Monday. I have 31" BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires on my other truck, an '88 Toyota 4Runner with 300k+ miles, and I think the 285s will be comparable in size to those. My poor beloved 4Runner is starting to show its age, but I can't let go of it (I've got the hard top off of it and still enjoy the convertable aspect and manual shift).

But after 16+ years and 300k+ miles - it was time to move on and move up to a full size. I think I'm going to love this Silverado Crew Cab. As soon as I figure out how - I'll post a picture. THanks again. I'll return to these forums often I'm sure.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
nope it just went up in the truck trader yesterday so hopefully ill get some calls sometime soon. Ive had the HD for a couple years and love it but this last one just killed me with the gas prices and Im just going to get a z71 keep it stock with 33's for my DD then go to san diego whenever i get the cash and pick up a cucv for the trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts