GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 sierra and am trying to finish up my 3"" PA BL. I am stuck with the steering extension, it don't seem to wanna fit. It looks fine without it though, just wondering if I have to run the extension or what any input would be great
thanks Brian:mad:

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Oh noes!! Pics? Your truck is gonna be :boobs: when you're done.

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
Mine was tight but it went together. Had to wiggle it a lot. I think your NNBS is the same setup.

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
I never had to put mine in on my nbs

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
So is it necessary to put the extension in if the stock setup looks fine and seems to be long enough?
I would be worried about it binding if you didnt add it

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i couldnt figure it out either wen i did my 3" pa bl on my nnbs tahoe so i ended up not using it...i had enough extension so it was fine

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i couldnt figure it out either wen i did my 3" pa bl on my nnbs tahoe so i ended up not using it...i had enough extension so it was fine
I had to work late tonight so no time to work on the truck, but ya mine seems like its long enough without the extension. I am worried tho cuz i agree with the guys above it's in the kit for a reason and it sure doesn't look cheap to make, so hopefully i find a way to fit it in, thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright so heres what might have happend with my steering extension. I had a buddy helping me and he just loosened the bolt for the steering extension, but didn't remove it. Well where is connects it is jointed out so it wouldn't drop down when i jacked it up for the body lift. So my problem now i think i might have tweaked something in my steering. Should i just try to force the extension in and hope it works back out or what??? i can get pics if anyone needs them. some input would be great

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first pic is the new extension and the other two are stock, the grean bolt is what i should have completely removed instead of just loosened

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the part i think that got tweaked is in the boot above where the spacer goes

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no it comes apart but when i try to put the extension in, the angle for it to fit is off, thats why i think i bent something

1 - 20 of 24 Posts