GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong here.

06 2500HD, LT, steering wheel controls, no Bose/Onstar, Alpine IVA-W200.

This is my truck and even though I'm a Peripheral dealer I decided to try the PAC piece for the steering wheel controls. I normally use the PESWIX, but saw a comment about it being wired and never even paid attention to the rear of my head unit.

It's installed and I can only program it to where the volume works correctly, and the source button (steering wheel) controls track up/down. The seek button (steering wheel) doesn't do anything. I could program it to where it muted with seek up, but this is ridiculous. I tried many different ways of programming it and the instructions are VERY VAGUE :flame:

I noticed something about the dial on the side, but the instructions never told how to program with that.

The SWI is set on platform 1.

Forklift? Anyone?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Ok so you got it so it volume and all, that means the interface is wired right and you have the right interface number? Turn the truck on, wait for the led to light the correct interface number, then press the programming number, do the normal vol up, then vol down, etc. Once you get to a programming part you dont have press the programming button to skip over that programming step. Call me if you have to, 985-788-7271 or after 12 today at 985-643-9493 ex 2240

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's gonna be tomorrow before I can take it back apart....

In programming I did this to get the functions this way:

Press program button, vol up (red light goes out), volume down (light out), then press program button.

Same procedure with the seek button on wheel

Same procedure with the source button on wheel

Is the menu that explains the switch the order to program? This is my first one and there's no way those instructions are correct.I'm sure it's wired right and the interface number is right because after it exits program mode, it blinks once. Alpine is version 1.

·
9,823 Posts
did you interface the wire at the column or at the radio?

·
9,823 Posts
well Im lost, call the tech line

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have to program teh volume, then turn the dial to #2, program the volume down, turn to click 3, and so on?

·
bombs on target
3,018 Posts
im not sure on yours but mine the light came on, hit vol up,light off then back on, hit vol down...and so on. didnt have to switch anything.

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
I am under the impression that the PAC and the Peripheral pieces are the same. The parts numbers for most of their stuff is almost indentical, except for the Peripheral parts adding a "P" in the part number. Am I wrong?

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peripheral and PAC are nothing alike. To program the peripheral you have to use the remote from the radio and you can program teh steering wheel buttons to be anything you want. With the pac, you're stuck with what they're labeled as, or in my case, labeled as "source", but controls "seek", when the seek button is on the other side of the wheel and doesn't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts