GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my Jet-Hot coated Pacesetter LTs this weekend. Install was a breeze, just lifted the truck enough to slide under the transfer case's cross member and the LT slipped in easily from the bottom. I had to replace my taylor wires with Kragen purchased. So I installed my Jet-Hot coated Pacesetter LTs this weekend. Install was a breeze, just lifted the truck enough to slide under the transfer case's cross member and the LT slipped in easily from the bottom. I had to replace my Taylor wires with Kragen purchased wires. Hey, they have a lifetime warranty, and I can replace them when ever I want so long as they are not burnt. My father came over to help me re-arrange the stock dual "Y-Pipe" for the 6.0L, we kept the cats. Sounds stayed pretty much the same, due to the silencers and cats remaining. I had already tuned the truck with the small cam (212/218), so the added power was not as noticeable as on a stock tuned vehicle, plus the test drive was with 87 octane. It was running a bit lean, about 5%, the idle was off a little and the shift points were now too high. I adjusted all of this and the truck runs much better. I just filled it up with 91 octane this morning, so I will see what difference it makes with better gas. You can feel that there is more power throughout the power curve. I will get pics up of how we rerouted the stock exhaust later tonight, it is not pretty but works. I will need to "coat" the exposed welded areas for when we go off-roading. Now all I need to do is get are the E-Fans, U/D Pulley, and possibly a different cam.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
sounds good... you gotta love the grunt of that cam with longtubes...

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Can you take pictures of how you did the exhaust setup using your stock pipes? I might be doing this on a buddy's truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pictures, I will be painting the pipes black once I can verify there are no exhaust leaks (black marks). :)

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
nice...how much? do they make them for the 01 5.3L?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I paid $250 for the headers alone, $240 for the coating, and lunch & dinner for my Father's services. :) These headers (p/n: 72C2265) fit 1999-2007, 4x2 and 4x4, 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L (LS1 swap) and 6.0L. :)

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Your truck is an 02 with an EGR tube? Mine is an 02 and does not have it.

Thanks for posting pics. A buddy of mine was bitching about how he was not sure the headers would fit a 1500HD and I kept telling him they would. :rocking:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you get some nice 3" mandrel bends from summit or the like, you could probably whip out a better exhaust connection. As you can see, we re-used a lot of the stock plumbing, plus extra I have laying around. :) I will eventually get a better setup down and coated, possibly without the silencers but keep the cats. :)

I have noticed that, I think early '02s still had it and it was phased out in later '02s. :( Or the previous owner added, possibly due to un-modding (it is speculated that it had a huge RV camper on the bed). I plan to get rid of it in the future, possibly the L92 setup or a maggie. :)

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Was it bought new in California? Their emissions equipment is always different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts