GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after blowing a hole in my exhaust manifold last night, ive decided to buy headers instead of just a new manifold....

i cant seem to find anyone who sells pacesetter long tubes for the 6.0L...
anyone got any suggestions?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
pm hitmanx he can get you a good deal on pacesetter since he is a dealer i believe

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Eric(hitmanx) was having issues with pacesetter, they didnt want to deal with him or some shit.

Anyways stay away from pacesetter if you can afford better. I would look into Dougs or Thorley headers. (They are basically the same header but the company split ways a while back and they are 2 different companies now). If your heart is set on pacesetters then all the headers are the same for 4.8,5.3 and 6.0.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will look into the other brands..however im a little short on cash right now...due to rims, tires and tune...wasnt expecting to have to buy these right now.
thanks for all the help dudes

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
...because he reads the Internet to much.

Mine are fine. Welds are fine. No fitment issues. I recommend them.
:lol: your right maybe I do read too much, but I trust a lot of guys opinions on them and a lot of people have had issues, others have had no issues like yourself. Really its up to him in the end.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
:lol: your right maybe I do read too much, but I trust a lot of guys opinions on them and a lot of people have had issues, others have had no issues like yourself. Really its up to him in the end.

For every 1 guy who complains there are probably 50 guys with no complaints. And im pretty sure its probably user error most the time.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will look into pacesetters and some more expensive brands tonight after work...
i need to get these asap

is there anything else i will need to hook these up? i already have a flowmaster so will this cause any problems?

and i know that most of you guys dont like flowmasters, and will tell me to ditch it..but im keeping it for now so what else do i need to do in order to fit long tubes?

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I remember a pic on here not too long ago of a set of pacesetters that looked like a monkey welded them. They had globs of shit inside and I don't know how they passed quality control. Seems like they're one of the brands that you just have to get lucky on who welded the one you're buying.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
They are shitty to say the least. I dont care whos looked great and whos didnt. I had some, they were fucking shitty. They are great for a "budget minded" person. But I wasnt paying for shit again. I went for a better header. Paces coating is fucking terrible. There were even places that didnt have any dam coating! Plus there will never be a black painted header under my hood. Theyll rust even quicker. I wanted a better header, plain and simple. Im ranking Pacesetter right down at the rock bottom of the scale with Flowtech.

I already know who is going to bash me, so Ill just lie in wait.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow...
instead of blowin my money, i think im gonna play it safe, jsut buy a new stock manifold for now, save my money, and buy some better quality headers when i can afford them.

i dont want to take the chance throwing away 400 bucks on crap.

·
Registered
840 Posts
So you're not camming it soon? If so, you should do the headers first.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah thats what i hear...
I AM planning on camming it soon...ive been checking out ebay and ls1tech for some deals...
but i still have my extended warranty and i wanted to talk to the guy at the dealership and see if camming it will void my warranty or not...if its going to void my warranty then i will have to wait to cam it.

i still am planning on getting headers...i might jsut wait a month or two.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts