GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got soundclips...also whats the best series or whatever magnaflow to buy? also whats the loudest one?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Gonna be fucking loud. lol

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
:word: Im running 3" pipe from my converter back with a 4" round magnapack for my muffler on my truck. I personally think it sounds perfect. Its definently louder and meaner than all the other trucks around, but it doesn't have the annoying raspy sound you would get if you ran straight pipes. Plus, cruising on the highway its nice and quite...till you start running 75mph and spinning 2200-2500 rpm's :D...then it gets a little loud. But when your running in OD anywhere from 55-70, it sounds just fine.

I would think that running this muffler with a set of LT's would be pretty fuckin loud...probably to loud lol. But, its whatever your taste is. I get many complimants from people about the tone of my truck...and Im still running the factory manifolds. Most people don't believe that Im running a single system, not duals and that mine is better sounding then theirs.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
the shorter the casing on the muffler the louder it will be.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
z71edge got sound clips? i was wondering what type of mufflers they had like series wise becuase my buddy has a 5.0 explorer with a magnaflow and it looked more like a glasspack...also not too loud or quiet and sounds great!

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not saying it sounds bad...just wondering if anyone else has clips mabe that sound a little different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts