GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know your out there playing around at work! What do you think of MTI's C1 222/222 .566/.566 112LSA. Think that would work well with that TCI SF3000? I need more cam!!!!! MORE POWER!!!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
LOL, yup and dealing with MORE drama today than before :pow: I swear, people are fucking crazy. I can't wait until I get myself employed on my own!

Yeah it'd work kickass with that TCI unit, the pricing is a solid piece for sure. I'd consider a used PI for the money too. They run rampant on Tech from when I used to be there. Like $450 tops.

That's a good sized cam! It's a bit larger than mine (218/222 .561/.563 114) so it's going to lope well and make power well past 6300rpm! :whoa: It'll have a killer midrange due to it's tighter LSA too. It should have decent low end power from like 2000-3500rpm like stock then pull like a mofo from there to like 6500rpm. You may lose some power from like 1000-1800rpm but who drives around at that low of an RPM? LOL

What's the adv duration on those lobes?

You should be able to sell your 212/218 also to get most of it back. :anitoof:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think that TCI wont cut it huh??? I can get it dam cheap from my dad. Well, tell me this. Do you think it would have the ability to tow somwhere around 1800 lbs or so? Thats all I would really need. Would 3000 be enough stall for that cam? I forgot I wold have to get new springs too. DAMMIT JIM! It doesnt tell the duration. Im gonna guess its .50 though.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well the TCI sounds like a good piece from the specs you told me on da IM...but a PI is just a better unit. It's made from a solid piece of billet steel, 2.5 STR, antiballoon plate (like the TCI), and this is a 9.5" case. A 2800rpm PI Vig would flash to like 3000rpm I'd say.

Yeah you'll need new springs again, sucks.

3000rpm should be a nice stall for that cam and be nice to roll on the street.

How cheap was it for the TCI? How much your 4 wheelerz weigh...those the 2000lbs? If so you can tow them with ease.

222/222 are the .050 dur, the adv is like a 275/275 or something like that.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hit Man X said:
Well the TCI sounds like a good piece from the specs you told me on da IM...but a PI is just a better unit. It's made from a solid piece of billet steel, 2.5 STR, antiballoon plate (like the TCI), and this is a 9.5" case. A 2800rpm PI Vig would flash to like 3000rpm I'd say.

Yeah you'll need new springs again, sucks.

3000rpm should be a nice stall for that cam and be nice to roll on the street.

How cheap was it for the TCI? How much your 4 wheelerz weigh...those the 2000lbs? If so you can tow them with ease.

222/222 are the .050 dur, the adv is like a 275/275 or something like that.
Im sure its a better unit. But I dont want to wait months to find one. I can get the TCI SF3000 from my dad for $350 bones. Which to me aint a bad deal. On the weights, my quad is like 600lbs or so and my ski is 630lbs. So I figured me being able to pull/haul either one or both at the same time wiould be perfect!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
That's right, $350 is a damned good deal. Most PIs when I was there were around $450 or just a bit more. The TCI sounds like a stout unit as it has an antiballoon plate!

Just keep an eye on trans temp if you tow, that small of a converter won't be able to dissipate heat very quickly so it may be smart to do a fluid drain and fill prior to the tow and after. Should cost a few dollars only as you can just drain the pan and refill it. :D

You already have that B&M on order or plan it so you're good to go there. lol

I need to get off my dead ass and put that fuckin' TT3K in here! :whip:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit Man X said:
That's right, $350 is a damned good deal. Most PIs when I was there were around $450 or just a bit more. The TCI sounds like a stout unit as it has an antiballoon plate!

Just keep an eye on trans temp if you tow, that small of a converter won't be able to dissipate heat very quickly so it may be smart to do a fluid drain and fill prior to the tow and after. Should cost a few dollars only as you can just drain the pan and refill it. :D

You already have that B&M on order or plan it so you're good to go there. lol

I need to get off my dead ass and put that fuckin' TT3K in here! :whip:
Man, you crazy if you think im gonna change my fluid after every time I tow! :pow: I cant afford a dam TT. Maybe I should just get the TB verter. Hows about a 2600 stall? Any idea how long a set of Comp 918's will last with .551 lift??

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
99Silver5.3 said:
Man, you crazy if you think im gonna change my fluid after every time I tow! :pow: I cant afford a dam TT. Maybe I should just get the TB verter. Hows about a 2600 stall? Any idea how long a set of Comp 918's will last with .551 lift??

LOL, it takes like 15min...get off the internet everynow and then! lol I know that's tough to do. :anitoof:

Remember the TCI and TB were like the same cost for you... just go with the TCI and smile every minute of it. :D

918s are good to like .600" lift, I'll be running them at ~.560 so they should be fine before they bind then float. Also I'm trying to find some Ti retainers from Comp...so keep your ojos open for me. :shake:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hit Man X said:
LOL, it takes like 15min...get off the internet everynow and then! lol I know that's tough to do. :anitoof:

Remember the TCI and TB were like the same cost for you... just go with the TCI and smile every minute of it. :D

918s are good to like .600" lift, I'll be running them at ~.560 so they should be fine before they bind then float. Also I'm trying to find some Ti retainers from Comp...so keep your ojos open for me. :shake:
You really think if I run a cooler and that TCI I wont be able to tow for shit? I know the TB and TCI are relatively same cost. But the TB hs a better tow capability.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
99Silver5.3 said:
You really think if I run a cooler and that TCI I wont be able to tow for shit? I know the TB and TCI are relatively same cost. But the TB hs a better tow capability.

B&M + TCI = Mkay to pull 2K lbs I'd say. I'd max out arond 3500-4K, as the lockup clutch is tiny.

The TT3K is a modified TB converter and says you can have full towing capacity...I still have my doubts even with that! It's like an 11" case lol I'd push that bastard no more than like 6500lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts