GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took off my drop-in over the rail bedliner that the truck came with and herculined the bed. Went and bought some oem bed rail protectors and come to find out, the old liner left this on the edge of the rail.

I need to touch it up before placing the rail protectors and need help with the color. I hear its the dark cherry metallic, but where can I get it? I'm afraid the dupli color match will be wrong.

Any suggestions as to how I can blend it/ cover it up would be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Autobody supply shop will be able to help you out. Call your dealer with your Vin and ask for the paint code. Give that to the supply shop. Should be a WA_____ number

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autobody supply shop will be able to help you out. Call your dealer with your Vin and ask for the paint code. Give that to the supply shop. Should be a WA_____ number
Yeah, found that the code was WA519Q. I'm gonna try the dealer part shop to see if they sell it in a can.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So, I took off my drop-in over the rail bedliner that the truck came with and herculined the bed. Went and bought some oem bed rail protectors and come to find out, the old liner left this on the edge of the rail.

I need to touch it up before placing the rail protectors and need help with the color. I hear its the dark cherry metallic, but where can I get it? I'm afraid the dupli color match will be wrong.

Any suggestions as to how I can blend it/ cover it up would be appreciated!

Bring a copy of your VIN# to the nearest GM dealership of your choice. Ask them for the paint match, Let them see your VIN# and buy what you need. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, found that the code was WA519Q. I'm gonna try the dealer part shop to see if they sell it in a can.

I’d go to the dealers body shop, ask them if they’ve got scheduled for a paint job for a vehicle with your paint code anytime near future and if yes give them $100 bucks to just spray on 10 seconds worth. I’ve done it before, saved thousands$$$$

·
Registered
144 Posts
If I could have earned thousands$$$$ for shooting ten seconds of paint I'd of never retired. My mixing cups would need to be graduated in seconds instead of ounces. :roflmao:
Well, it was much more than a little area. Custom painted Land Cruisers, Sport Tahoe’s , Yukon’s and Range Rover bumpers, yeah, Thousands$$$$$

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hated the 2-tone bumpers that came on the loaded out land cruisers, had them color matched. Easily done at the Toyota body shop when cash is involved, for a lot less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts