GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint code on my truck is 46U, or WA928L. My truck is Blue Granite Metallic. Almost everything I read on the internet says it's the same as the GMC color, Stealth Gray Metallic. They have the same paint codes.

However, I know they are not quite the same color. I've had plenty of trouble finding the right touch up paint at the dealer.

I've found some painted door handles on ebay, but since there's no way to tell the difference with just the paint code, how can I be sure that the handles are in fact Blue Granite and not Stealth Gray? Any ideas?

Maybe someone with the same color truck (NBS or NNBS) could post their paint codes here to verify?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
IMO there's no way to know unless you can get the seller to verify it for you. Lighting in a picture makes a world of difference, so one pic might make it look blue, where the others look grey. Wish there was some other advice I could give, but I don't know of anything else to say.

Look at these 2 colors and tell me they're the same....chances are they are, but the lighting makes them look night and day

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I guess I'll just wait and see. The seller had two pics of the handles. The first pic looked grey, but the second looked blue. But the paint code of the handles matches mine and the item description said blue granite, so we'll see. I went ahead and bought them, so fingers crossed.

·
Formerly White_Stealth
861 Posts
Blue granite and Stealth Grey are the same color, just different names. That's why the have the same code. As for matching, there is about 15 variants of the color, For instance you can take a color chip and match it in the middle of your door, and then take the same chip and put it in the center of your hood and it look to be a different color. Paint varies (especially your color) across the vehicle.

So yes they are the correct handles for your truck, but will the be a dead on match, most likely not.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i posted the same question a few months back and bit the bullet and bought steath gray handles for my brothers truck(your color) and they match just fine.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the handles in today, and they match perfectly. Thanks for the help, y'all. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Who makes the bumper replacement you on the truck in your sig?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts