GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm plannin on paintin my truck very soon and am looking for a color. I WAS looking at HOK tangelo pearl until I found out the prices . So if any of yall know any flashy orange colors. reply. like from PPG , Sherwin Williams , something I can afford instead of $56 a qt. thanks

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
if moneys a factor you can do this, use GM tangere orange, and have them mix a pearl into it, that will REally bring out hte orange, i saw some dudes street rod that was my color witha pearl, and it looked 10X better than my truck:read:

Hugger orange is kinda played out by the muscle car guys, but its soo Fuckin classy, looks almost red at times, my favorite orange:imo

you get the drop on slawness?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Compition orange. It's similar to hugger orange, but it doesn't have as much red in it. I can't think of too many other specific oranges off the top of my head. I think there is a way to get PPG in colors close to HOK. I don't know where I read about it though, so check with your paint supply house. X-otic Colors has an exact match to Tangelo called CLASSIC ORANGE PEARLIN'. I haven't looked up prices for X-otic though. I'm gonna guess that since the cmpany was formd by chemists from HOK the price will be similar.

Go to your paint supply and look at samples of oranges. Add some gold pearl to the mix and you can get some nice colors.

***EDIT***
Looked up the X-otic price, and it's about the same as HOK. I'm going to assume it's higher quality than HOK is now, since HOK uses cheaper materials now, and your mostly buying the name(although the paint still looks great and it's the easiest way to get certain colors.).

·
Registered
167 Posts
slowsierra93 said:
There is a color that came on F-Bodies called Sunset Orange Metallic that I really dig. Check out the color on this car.

i really like this color.

:imo it stands out and i dont think it would be to expensive.
the 2005 vette willl come in a color like this called datona sunset orange. i think its the same color from the f-bodies just w/ a diff. name since its going to be on the vette.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are there any good sites that you can look at some paint colors? All I can seem to find is the paint codes. No prices/pictures..

·
2,451 Posts
Your paint looks fine to me :imo save up for wheels and tires then paint it. It would look stupid if you had a custom paint job, 5/8 and stock tires :imo but i guess what ever floats your boat :bowtie:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts