GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help matching the Ebony interior plastic in my 08 Silverado. I thought it was WA167a, SEM 4939 from what I could look up from the interior RPO color code but that’s too brownish. I’ve tried a few other SEM colors as well, along with several from other manufacturers. Seems like black shouldn’t be too hard but it seems there’s a million shades of black.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
call the dealer with the Vin and ask for the paint code. They can help you

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
call the dealer with the Vin and ask for the paint code. They can help you
I called my local dealers parts department and they were zero help. Maybe I should try a different dealer? I assume it’s the parts department I should be asking, correct?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I called my local dealers parts department and they were zero help. Maybe I should try a different dealer? I assume it’s the parts department I should be asking, correct?
Correct.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was having the same problem with interior paints. I ended up getting it custom mixed.
This is the place I use locally. I take an ebony interior part and they color match. Not sure if they have a location close to you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was having the same problem with interior paints. I ended up getting it custom mixed.
This is the place I use locally. I take an ebony interior part and they color match. Not sure if they have a location close to you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks but they don’t. I’m in Oregon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After having a couple different companies mix up rattle cans according to the interior color code, 19I Ebony and seeing it was more brownish than my interior, I tried some Krylon Fusion in matte and flat black. Their flat black is as close a match as I think I’ll ever find.

·
Registered
39 Posts
After having a couple different companies mix up rattle cans according to the interior color code, 19I Ebony and seeing it was more brownish than my interior, I tried some Krylon Fusion in matte and flat black. Their flat black is as close a match as I think I’ll ever find.
Got any pictures of how it came out? How has it held up so far?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got any pictures of how it came out? How has it held up so far?
It’s held up great. I can’t tell which pieces I painted and which are original. I have used Fusion on exterior plastic like running board and bumper step pads on my 02 and after 3 years it still looks new.
565F7330-6DFF-42E3-9426-8E06AD65CA61.jpeg
3273E608-7706-4ECA-8B2C-C3DC7AD71423.jpeg
E4AFC58A-919F-4E2B-8E7A-4E82EFD6963F.jpeg
E79FD4B8-ABBF-4FE3-83FF-86D882FB67BD.jpeg
63577A01-7B5E-4F44-9356-0212D4447343.jpeg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Rocket Man Looks good. I've been wanting to do this, but it was just gonna cost more than I really wanted to spend using SEM. Did you use any type of adhesion promoter or clear coat?
No. Just used scotchbrite and denatured alcohol to clean and scuff. Nothing else but the Fusion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts