GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help matching the Ebony interior plastic in my 08 Silverado. I thought it was WA167a, SEM 4939 from what I could look up from the interior RPO color code but that’s too brownish. I’ve tried a few other SEM colors as well, along with several from other manufacturers. Seems like black shouldn’t be too hard but it seems there’s a million shades of black.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
call the dealer with the Vin and ask for the paint code. They can help you

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
call the dealer with the Vin and ask for the paint code. They can help you
I called my local dealers parts department and they were zero help. Maybe I should try a different dealer? I assume it’s the parts department I should be asking, correct?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I called my local dealers parts department and they were zero help. Maybe I should try a different dealer? I assume it’s the parts department I should be asking, correct?
Correct.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was having the same problem with interior paints. I ended up getting it custom mixed.
This is the place I use locally. I take an ebony interior part and they color match. Not sure if they have a location close to you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was having the same problem with interior paints. I ended up getting it custom mixed.
This is the place I use locally. I take an ebony interior part and they color match. Not sure if they have a location close to you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks but they don’t. I’m in Oregon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After having a couple different companies mix up rattle cans according to the interior color code, 19I Ebony and seeing it was more brownish than my interior, I tried some Krylon Fusion in matte and flat black. Their flat black is as close a match as I think I’ll ever find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts