GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a set of OE fender flares sittin in my garage for a few weeks now. Was going to have them painted, along with the top plastic cap on the front bumper. But after seeing by buddy Nolans truck(shown below) I got to thinking about having the flares covered in bedliner. I think his looks great but im not sure how mine will look, only the flares will be covered.

Any suggestions? I cant decide and i want to get these on soon(they are tan now, must do something)

P1010167.jpg

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
How your truck is styled...with the all black, clean, colormatched look...no. Paint to match if you want to run flares:imo

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont really want to run them, but ive got rust and hiding it would be cheaper than fixing it?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
if you hide it, they will get worse... remember, it's best to do it right the first time then to fix it later, which might cost more

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
if you hide it, they will get worse... remember, it's best to do it right the first time then to fix it later, which might cost more
If nothing else sand the rust down and spray bomb it if the flares would cover that area. That would keep it from eating your whole truck.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is going to be fixed, im not just putting flares over it. I just was at least going to sand/primer the areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts