GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im in arizona and you know how it all goes with paint jobs on cars, well i once posted some pics of my passport after i washed and waxed it, well anyways if some of you recall seeing that post you could tell its been repainted, and a crap ass job also it has the orange peel texture and i have no clear coat so i have to constantly wax the damn thing and it pisses me off. any idea whats a good place to get a paint job that will do a good job and any idea on the prices?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
take it to maaco. they do pretty good work for the price..or evit go to space age get some paint and clearcoat and i think they do it for free. not sure though

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Lacy Paint & Body
Americus, Ga 31709

Trust me.
Ok don't listen tome, but he's my cousin and does the best work I've ever seen in my life.

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what makes you think you have no clear coat??....
by the way it scratches so easily, nothing to protect it. and just by the way the paint looks.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
by the way it scratches so easily, nothing to protect it. and just by the way the paint looks.
is prolly just very soft clear that needs to be buffed/polished out and then get a nice sealant on it...

if you had no clear coat at all your color/base coat would deteriorate damn near instantly and would have no luster to it whatsoever....

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
take it to maaco. they do pretty good work for the price..or evit go to space age get some paint and clearcoat and i think they do it for free. not sure though
:nono:

take it to a reputable paint/body shop and have them do it if indeed thats what needs to be done....

the problem with Maaco and many other cheap paint shops is not there quality of paint or skill level of employees (although questionable) but the problem is the almost zero prep work they do on the vehicle...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts