GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed they are textured alittle bit, does it make any difference when you have it painted ? Do you guys have them sanded or what ?

I dont think its really a big deal to have them paint it gloss black and have it come out smooth, i just wondered how it would end up because its textured ???? Maybe the paint and the clear will over lap the texture and it will come out smooth ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
i've never painted one at work before, but i'm gonna assume that the texture you're seeing is just the texture of the primer... should sand right off when they prep it for paint... but like i said, i've had no experience with an obs paintable...

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've never painted one at work before, but i'm gonna assume that the texture you're seeing is just the texture of the primer... should sand right off when they prep it for paint... but like i said, i've had no experience with an obs paintable...
The guy at the paint shop said it would be about double the price for any sanding. But im not sure if these bumpers have to be sanded in order for a smooth finish. ?

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
I have a paint able smoothie bumper and it came completley smooth when i ordered it. Im not sure what your referring to.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
i agree with butters i think you jst seeing orange peel in the primer pretty mch. id imagine that it came primed. if so it does have to be sanded bt i dont know y they would say double sounds like horse shit to me...id ask them bout that

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree with butters i think you jst seeing orange peel in the primer pretty mch. id imagine that it came primed. if so it does have to be sanded bt i dont know y they would say double sounds like horse shit to me...id ask them bout that
Yea, you think there would be only one way to paint it and if it requires sanding then sand it but i dont get why he would charge double. I might have to call another place.

·
Registered
88 Posts
he could've mis-understood what you were saying.. because if you said "textured" he could have been thinking plastic texture.. and in that case double would be fair-ish... but yes, sanding is just another step in the process, no need for double charging... although everyone like to make an extra coin now and again:crazy:

·
Registered
184 Posts
hmmmm I think i would take it and let them see it in person. Not really going to know what it will run you if your not sure what your really looking at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts