GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just a Beginner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at the smooth Nu Image dash cover becuase i think it looks really good and finished off. i was reading a bit of how you guys had soo much time and money spent painting yours or getting it done yourself.... what is the big difference in a painted dash and a covered dash? are covered ones bad? are there any big drawbacks or something? thanks

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I moved it for you...The only difference i can see is a dash cover might look bulky and not fit into the lower dash the same?

·
Just a Beginner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha thanks, i just made a new one... how do i delete it?
ya i'd like to see the dash cover on before i bought one. i want to see if the fit like they say they do....

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
I no a kid from my school who has an S-10 with a dash cover. Y2KSierra is right, they make it look bulky. Painting it would be a lot better cuz IMO.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I took care of the other post for you :)

Another (better) option would be to remove yours and have it smoothed out and painted. It will look great if done properly, or horribly if done incorrectly...its all in the prep work

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I dont see 1500 to smooth the top of the dash... Just the top of the dash I would hope you could get it done around 300 if they did all the work...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
introwheels has one... it seems to look good on his truck. IF you don't wanna break the money out, just sand it ur self.. there are like 1000s of threads about smoothing plastic... then take it to ur paint guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts