GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alright I'm going to run to a couple stores and see what they have to offer. Just to clarify that I am not having any adhesion problems. No peeling or chipping, just the yellow haze.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Use better material either from a cam or a gun either way the yellow is from crappy clear I guarantee it. And steve sorry if I sounded like an ass I didn't mean to. I just know you can get great results with a can I have painted many different things using this method from mirrors to entire bumpers and no problems. My paint guy is awsome at matching paint, though he will not always just use the code, especially with a color with a lot if metallic. Just trying to give the guy some options. Most people are to afraid to use an acctuall spray gun so this is a good alternative.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just giving them your paint code isn't always going to suply you with the perfect match, there are plenty of variables when a vehicle is painted from the factory. I used a rattle can on my tailgate handle on my indigo blue truck and it matches perfectly. I busted my ass on prep, just as I would do when painting with a gun. I've seen both ways not match and both ways look killer. But for just doing an emblem I wouldn't mix up paint. Its not setting on any other white surface so it doesn't have to be perfect. And white is an extremly hard color to match, cause it all tends to yellow with age, and you'd be surprised how many shades of GM alone uses.

·
Read Only
2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SL Z71 edition, 5.3 Vortec V8, 4X4, Red, Extended Cab, Automatic
81 Posts
So I'm bout to do a Confederate flag on my front grill emblem, it's metal not plastic so should be all good wish me luck y'all! And I'm using shitty spray cans lol but it's rustoleum so yea maybe all will go well just not sure how my drawing handiwork will turn out lmao.?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts