GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
can you feel the specks? and how many coats of clear are there, if the dirt is buried in the clear, it wont come out unless you sand a majority of the clear out but if its on top, just wetsand with 1000 or 1500 and then buff it out and you should be good

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you feel the specks? and how many coats of clear are there, if the dirt is buried in the clear, it wont come out unless you sand a majority of the clear out but if its on top, just wetsand with 1000 or 1500 and then buff it out and you should be good
i think it is in the clear but i dont have a buffer

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u can kind of see what i have now. i wet sanded it with 1500 grit and it feels smooth, but now it looks kind of grayish where i sanded. u cant really tell on the pics tho

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
its gonna look like that until you polish it, in the pics it looks like theres a bunch of orange peel so i would wetsand the whole thing, wipe it dry occassionaly and you will see where there is still orange peel in it, then use some rubbing compound and you should be good to go

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its gonna look like that until you polish it, in the pics it looks like theres a bunch of orange peel so i would wetsand the whole thing, wipe it dry occassionaly and you will see where there is still orange peel in it, then use some rubbing compound and you should be good to go
well i did wet sand it a lil but i'll try to sand some more. what if i sand all the way down to the paint and respray it. after its been painted should i wet sand and then clear coat or should i spray final coat of paint and then clear coat?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
you should sand the clear with like 1500 to take all the orangepeel out but just dont sand to to much cuz you could burn through the clear and into the paint and then you would have to paint again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts