GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know lots of people have their mirrors and stuff painted but I was wondering how hard it is to paint the nnbs stuff. What kind of materials did you use and what kind of paint? I'm about to go to a paint shop but I was looking around on here to see if anyone has done this themselves. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
I know lots of people have their mirrors and stuff painted but I was wondering how hard it is to paint the nnbs stuff. What kind of materials did you use and what kind of paint? I'm about to go to a paint shop but I was looking around on here to see if anyone has done this themselves. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chad, If I was you I would just have it done. :IMO:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I'm going to do. I was just seeing who has done it themselves. I have a vertical feed spray gun but Ill just get it done right.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Thats what I'm going to do. I was just seeing who has done it themselves. I have a vertical feed spray gun but Ill just get it done right.
Yeah because it's all in the prep

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get my mirrors (smoothed), tailgate handle(smoothed), hd cap (smoothed), and back bumper cap painted....

My first quote wat $300. He would knock 50 bucks off if I brought them to him.

and my second quote was for $240. Called him over the phone, and its the place that did my valance.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured that, but I dont know which one to go with. The first dude said you get what you pay for and I agreeded and he is closer, but said it will take a couple of days.

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
:shrug: Did your valance come out good? I'd wanna build a good relationship w/ one for future need. I'd say the one you've used

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:shrug: Did your valance come out good? I'd wanna build a good relationship w/ one for future need. I'd say the one you've used
It came out good. I have had it for a year and the only wrong is the rock chips but the paint has not faded or chiped off by itself.

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
I'm going to try and get off early so I can take my truck there and see what he says in person.
just ask him about his prep process, usually if they can explain how they do it you can get a good idea if they know how to handle it and achieve good results.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just ask him about his prep process, usually if they can explain how they do it you can get a good idea if they know how to handle it and achieve good results.
the place that painted my valance told me sand, primer, sand, paint. That other dude just bitch about taking it all apart. I said the mirrors are the hardest to get off and he said "no, its the back bumper".:think:

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
The plastics on the bumper pop right off, the mirrors are held on with 2 or 3 nuts but you do have to remove the door panel to unplug the harness.

When they did your valance, did they remove it?...how well is it sanded smooth?

post some up close pics of it please

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm at work right now, but I can get some pictures of it when I get home in about an hour. Its not sanded to the best but its still pretty smooth. It dosent have to be perfect to me. He told me 180-150 for it to just get sprayed with adhesive and then painted.

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Is the actual rear bumper (not just the plastic) that hard to take off? I'm going to get mine painted and would like to remove it myself to save some $.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
the entire bumper can be removed easy too...theres 4-5 bolts each side, then the 2 that hold the hitch to it underneath

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the entire bumper can be removed easy too...theres 4-5 bolts each side, then the 2 that hold the hitch to it underneath
My hitch is not even on and the 300 dollar quote place said that is the hardest part to take off.:think:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts