GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its summer and I have more time so time to start the mods. I will be eventually bedlinering teh floorboards so I decided to add some black accents to the interior by painting the speaker grills. It was free, so tell me when you think. Anymore sugestions? Whatever I do has to be able to hold up to some wear and tear. Im looking for a way to replace the carpet on the doors with something else, any ideas?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I like it, would it be cheaper to get the vinyl flooring out of a work truck or just bedlinering the floor

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who knows what would be cheaper, it would be a pain though to have shit getting under the vinyl I think, allthough you bring up a good point, never even though about that....

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think the bedliner you be really cool for your floors I saw a jeep that the whole thing was bedlinered one time that was really cool and you can't tear it up

·
Registered
17 Posts
definitely bedliner the floor....and as for the carpet on the door panels, im about to get wet okole seat covers and hopefully i can get them to give me some spare neoprene and im gonna cover the carpeted and the cloth part of my door panels :head:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
that looks really good, did you do it with rattle can?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
definitely bed liner, vinyl would work but think about much getting under there......not good and highly likely. for the doors, just think outdoors kind of material, something thats not real porous and would be easy to clean. nylon maybe?

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
yeh id do with a bed liner, seein the type of mudding that you do, and will be doing once that SFA is done, you wont have to worry bout anything gettin under it and it will be a breeze to clean, plus it will look cool, as for the doors, the metal idea mentioned above would be cool, maybe get that sprayed as well, i dunno

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jgood2709 said:
how exactly did u paint the speaker grilles? any special instructions?
Very hard:

1) take the door panels off, pull the speaker grills out

2) clean the mud off them

3) lightly spray paint both sides

4) reinstal

I figure they arnt a high traffic area so 2 light coats of spray paint ought to do just fine. If it starts to wear it will be super easy to touch up. Funny thing, I pulled my door panels off and a lizzard ran out. I guess he was living in there :crazy: - What I get for leaving my windows open!

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
looks good. I sprayed mine in black and then Re-did them the next day in chrome.

8353f199.jpg

9,777 Posts
I think it looks good man. U got an recent pics of your truck clean. Just wondering what it looks like after all the trail riding and mud.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually im about ready to wash it and will take some pics. Only prob is im about half way through debagin it so there is tape and residue all over :crazy:

9,777 Posts
lmao. I don't know when i am going to try to tackle that option but before too long I plan on working to debadge my rig.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
looks good, i think theonly problem with a vinyl floor out of a work truck, will look shitty and cheap after a while, i would use the same as your bedliner and do the whole inside floor with it, that would be badass.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Funny thing, I pulled my door panels off and a lizzard ran out. I guess he was living in there :crazy: - What I get for leaving my windows open!

dude the other day at school i was walking ot my truck i i tell my girlfriend "hey look at that lizard" and we tried to catch it but it ran back up into my engine... This was like a big lizard not a gecko or whatever kinda random in the middle of a open parking lot on a lifted truck

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Looks good DE! :head:

Debadge.. Molding also? Cant wait to see the pics :head:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, molding and at least the 1500 badges, havnt decided about the tailgate ones. Im workign slow because it tears up my fingers and I need those to work on axle parts, but about 3/4 of the way done. Might finish later tonight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts