GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GMade03
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted vs. Ceramic coated.. i know ceramic coated headers are better for performance but are painted headers a total waste?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
you mean dont buy a painted set? lol

ceramic coated tends to get a higher resale value as well since it looks better and there's no rust unless its a cheaply done coating. (hooker headers have a very common problem with rust coming through the jet hot/ceramic coating).

Dave

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you want to go with painted headers, just strip the paint off and use the vht flame proof paint to prime, paint, and clear with that they will last you quite a while when done right. We use that at the shop for turbo headers and manifolds and there are no problems with burning off.

·
Registered
807 Posts
:gayfight:
:321:

:jester: get my IM?
:rofl2: god i love this site...

If you want to go with painted headers, just strip the paint off and use the vht flame proof paint to prime, paint, and clear with that they will last you quite a while when done right. We use that at the shop for turbo headers and manifolds and there are no problems with burning off.
deff worth the extra money for ceramic coated then doin all that work of stripping the paint and the cost of materials needed for the job. would just be a pain in the ass and the whole time you would be thinking why didnt i just get the ceramic coated ones:imo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts